Is Beto a good/inspiring public speaker?

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I agree with him but he's a terrible speaker.
I watched part of his speech last night and found him boring.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think he has great energy. But he bobs and weaves around way too much. If he runs for president he needs a coach to perform better on stage. If you go back and watch the debates between him and Cruz, ORourke looks like he had one too many energy drinks. He couldnt stand still. It was distracting.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
My reaction too. I'd never heard him speak before last night and was rather surprised at his lack of charisma, but honestly that doesn't matter to me. I had just heard so much about him in that context I couldn't help but notice.

Whatever. I do like that he had the gumption to hold a counter rally to Trump's parade of lies and hatred.

Jan 2019
Between Missouri-Kansas
If you compare him with dirty diaper Don, he is lights out on as a speaker to the "bragger" we have in the White House. He is a shaker and mover and that what makes him very easy with the public. Just slightly few degrees below Obama.

Jul 2013
Ohio
During his senate campaign, Beto's off the cuff remarks about NFL players taking a knee was so good it went viral.

Reactions: Minotaur
Sep 2007
Robert Francis O'Rourke is a mediocre speaker, he stands for no principles so all he does is utter whatever moronic platitudes seem to pop into his head. "Walls don't save lives, walls kill people", now that was a brilliant riposte to Donald Trump on the WALL debate! At least Obama could stick to reading his own mindless bromides off his teleprompter with enough charisma to trick stupid people into thinking he was saying something profound.

Reactions: Izzshemovin
Feb 2019
Houston
I have misgivings about Beto. I voted for Sema Hernandez in our primary, because I felt that there were some key issues with his positions. He's soft on campaign finance reform specifically, and this is a primary issue that all people should be concerned with. My problem with Beto is that he's very good at saying a lot, without saying anything at all.