Is Donald Trump A Good Role Model For America's Young Men And Boys?

Jan 2016
Colorado
I've been wanting to pose this question for some time, but a recent thread on masculinity has prompted me to finally bring it forth. There's been a discussion on 'toxic masculinity' and on 'traditional masculinity', and whether the latter is harmful to men and boys. It was actually an interesting discussion, but the person of Donald Trump was ruled out-of-bounds, for some reason. So I am bringing him up here, and posing these questions:

(1) Do you think Donald Trump exemplifies 'traditional masculinity'? If so, how?

(2) Do you think Donald Trump is a good role model for the young men and boys of America?

(3) Would you want your son to grow up to be like Donald Trump?

(4) Is Donald Trump's behavior towards women, in particular, something we would want our young men and boys to pattern themselves after, and imitate? Is that 'manly' behavior?

(5) To what extent does the behavior of Donald Trump resemble the behavior of an alpha male chimpanzee?

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
I've been wanting to pose this question for some time, but a recent thread on masculinity has prompted me to finally bring it forth. There's been a discussion on 'toxic masculinity' and on 'traditional masculinity', and whether the latter is harmful to men and boys. It was actually an interesting discussion, but the person of Donald Trump was ruled out-of-bounds, for some reason. So I am bringing him up here, and posing these questions:

(1) Do you think Donald Trump exemplifies 'traditional masculinity'? If so, how?

(2) Do you think Donald Trump is a good role model for the young men and boys of America?

(3) Would you want your son to grow up to be like Donald Trump?

(4) Is Donald Trump's behavior towards women, in particular, something we would want our young men and boys to pattern themselves after, and imitate? Is that 'manly' behavior?

(5) To what extent does the behavior of Donald Trump resemble the behavior of an alpha male chimpanzee?
Sure, if you want to be a shyster.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Not many big time politicians are role models these days...

They have sold out to big money and special interests.
I flame my Republican congressman all the time. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and he's a former Baptist pastor. BUT, for all his stupid politics, he lives his life pretty straight and narrow. His deceased predecessor was the same. I don't agree with "they're all bad."

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Really?

What would those elements be?
Well, in terms of business acumen, work ethic, etc. He's done a lot that could be modelled. Taking few hundred million and turning into over a billion, a very high success to failure rate of business ventures above the average, was an outsider who with personality, planning and persistence through opposition became POTUS.

On the other hand, he has a lot of personal issues that would make others in similar positions as better...

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Well, in terms of business acumen, work ethic, etc. He's done a lot that could be modelled. Taking few hundred million and turning into over a billion, a very high success to failure rate of business ventures above the average, was an outsider who with personality, planning and persistence through opposition became POTUS.

On the other hand, he has a lot of personal issues that would make others in similar positions as better...
LOL, got most of his money to start from his daddy, 4 bankruptcies (including the ones in NJ that left his investors high and dry), Trump University, Trump Steaks, Trump Men's Clothing line. Has not built a single building in over 25 years. Only "licenses" his name. Stiffed contractors and hired illegals. Has been sued multiple times.

Like I said, thanks for the best laugh I have had all day!!

Jul 2014
midwest
I flame my Republican congressman all the time. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and he's a former Baptist pastor. BUT, for all his stupid politics, he lives his life pretty straight and narrow. His deceased predecessor was the same. I don't agree with "they're all bad."
Me neither.

And, I didn't say "they're all bad".

I said not many big time politicians are role models.