Is GOP obstruction of Obama's Jobs Bill smart politics?

• Yes....It will gain them votes next election

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...It will lose them votes next election

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • It won't matter

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
With the conversation now rightfully turning from "Cut Spending" to "Get Americans Working".....is the GOP cutting their own throats by blocking "The American Jobs Act of 2011?"

Dec 2007
NY
The GOPs? He can't even get enough support from his own party...
I like Obama, and while we disagree politically, I think he's a standup guy. He knows how to work a stage too. But he has no leadership skills at all.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
With the conversation now rightfully turning from "Cut Spending" to "Get Americans Working".....is the GOP cutting their own throats by blocking "The American Jobs Act of 2011?"
It doesn't get America working. It allows the federal government to trickle jobs. They want to be responsible for jobs, they do not want the economy to create jobs.

But you leftist will fight for it, you learned nothing from the recent past.

Feb 2010
The GOPs? He can't even get enough support from his own party...
I like Obama, and while we disagree politically, I think he's a standup guy. He knows how to work a stage too. But he has no leadership skills at all.
I think he is just as good a leader as any of the presidents of the recent past. To say he has no leadership skills is ridiculous.....and just partisan.

Reactions: EnigmaO01

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
dunno, don't care. What I do care about are results. just get it fuckin done asap.

If the Jobs Act doesnt pass, BHO will be to blame regardless. He is potus, buck stops in his office.

Last edited:
Jul 2011
Detention Block AA-23
Branding is everything. Bills are always named something ambiguous and positive. How they become commonly referred to is often not the same.

IMO, the President overreached on what he wanted and far underdelivered in terms of how we could actually afford those things.

I would hope that would be readily apparent to quite a few voters, but I guess we'll see.

Dec 2007
NY
I think he is just as good a leader as any of the presidents of the recent past. To say he has no leadership skills is ridiculous.....and just partisan.
It's not partisan at all because the proof is in the pudding.... There's something wrong when you can't get your own party to support you. Plus he campaigned as this great uniter and it just isn't happening... With anyone, let alone his own party.