Is Healthcare a Human Right?

Apr 2016
Seattle
go to any hospital and you will get care ... Medicare for all will destroy current Medicare. I notice Bernie did not state how much taxes would go up, just that they would. Let them call it Medicaid for those who are not on Medicare. I dont want them touching my Medicare and Im sure other seniors wont either once they realize what will happen to their current plan. Hospitals love private insurance and hate Medicare and Medicaid. I heard Bernies plan also covers long term care and Dental. Good grief. The cost will be astronomical.

Sep 2013
On a hill
go to any hospital and you will get care ... Medicare for all will destroy current Medicare. I notice Bernie did not state how much taxes would go up, just that they would. Let them call it Medicaid for those who are not on Medicare. I dont want them touching my Medicare and Im sure other seniors wont either once they realize what will happen to their current plan. Hospitals love private insurance and hate Medicare and Medicaid. I heard Bernies plan also covers long term care and Dental. Good grief. The cost will be astronomical.
If you think doctors love insurance, you havent talked to many doctors.

WASHINGTON — Are health insurance policies creating nightmares for physicians and hazards for their patients? A new study finds that nearly nine in ten doctors believe barriers set by insurance plans have led to worsened conditions for patients in need of care.
Researchers with Aimed Alliance, a non-profit that seeks to protect and enhance the rights of health care consumers and providers, say that doctors are so fed up with the constant headaches caused by insurers, two-thirds would recommend against pursuing a career in medicine, and nearly half (48%) are considering a career change altogether.

Survey: Half Of Doctors Considering Leaving Medicine - Because Of Health Insurance Headaches - Study Finds

Oct 2011
Washington State
Being the only industrialized nation not to have healthcare for all says a lot abut our country. What does it say about a country that won't take care of their own? We always have money for senseless wars, corporate welfare, and tax cuts for the rich. Some things just make more sense when the costs are shared by us all. It all comes down to greed.

It's the number one cause of bankruptcy. Wake up.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Being the only industrialized nation not to have healthcare for all says a lot abut our country. What does it say about a country that won't take care of their own? We always have money for senseless wars, corporate welfare, and tax cuts for the rich. Some things just make more sense when the costs are shared by us all. It all comes down to greed.

Being on either side of a bankruptcy is the preferred conservative method of enrichment. Keeping those assets at bargain prices and screwing your creditors is the GOP way. With so many bankruptcies being accompanied by foreclosures amd forced sales.

Keeping a large proportion of the population in perpetual fear of the high potential of losing all their assets only makes the "free market"...."freer".

Sep 2013
On a hill

If this forum is representative, americans who are against taking care of our own, are also willing to force women to carry unwanted pregnancies to term.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
I do believe it should be a human right. But I don't believe that Medicare for All will achieve that goal.