Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Is Healthcare a human right?
How can it be?
Is an artificial heart a right?
An EKG machine?
Do you have a right to someone elses knowledge and experience?

The right to own firearms never existed in the ether. You think "rights"--the REAL rights--just float around? The just "exist"?
Wow. That's primitive.

See, rights are conventions of human society. We can decide what's a right and what's not a right.

If you don't want healthcare to be a right, keep voting for Trump. But don't get sick!

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Is Healthcare a human right? This idea of Medicare for all, is an idea being spread by Bernie Saunders . Sounds like a great idea, but lets hear from Forum Members about the pros and cons of making this a human right. Would ‘Medicare for All’ Save Billions or Cost Billions?
Well, if we had Medicare for all, a lot of people might decide to leave their jobs and do something they really want to do or be more entrepreneurial.
As an employer, I despise renewing my group plan. So Medicare for all would make my life easier, too.

Nov 2008
Washington state
The right to own firearms never existed in the ether. You think "rights"--the REAL rights--just float around? The just "exist"?
Wow. That's primitive.

See, rights are conventions of human society. We can decide what's a right and what's not a right.

If you don't want healthcare to be a right, keep voting for Trump. But don't get sick!
Fortunately you are wrong, the constitution decides whats right and wrong. Liberals think they get to change the constitution at will to satisfy their social experiments. The 2nd Amendment says the people can bear arms. Many Liberals have tried taking that right away and the Supreme court has said "No Many times"

Nov 2008
Washington state
Well, if we had Medicare for all, a lot of people might decide to leave their jobs and do something they really want to do or be more entrepreneurial.
As an employer, I despise renewing my group plan. So Medicare for all would make my life easier, too.
I worked for a company for seven years, the rest of my life I had my own business. If we had medicare for all and if that mirrors Medicare, there will probably still be a supplemental insurance to pay doctors the extra Medicare won't cover. You are not going to talk Doctors into working for peanuts

Apr 2014
Maryland
Education is a requirement for national security and the best interests of the nation. With public education We, the People have better taxpayers and soldiers. There is a limit, however. "Free College" is stupid for two reasons; it does NOTHING to reduce education costs and college isn't for everyone.

OTOH, programs for assisted higher education can be beneficial to our nation depending upon the particulars.
Education for everyone isn’t a national security issue. There will be millions who can afford to pay for their education. I wasn’t talking about college by the way, I was talking about K through 12. You said you don’t like to pay for other people‘s healthcare but yet you don’t mind paying for other people‘s education. By the way college isn’t for everyone I agree and free college would take people by their scores. Not everyone would get into college. Healthcare is also in the best interest if all Americans

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
They have single-payer in Canada and Britain, and they regularly ration care. Uh, yeah, some "right". They got it but often can't get it. And the older ones are pushed into dying quietly, so what happened to their "right"?

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Fortunately you are wrong, the constitution decides whats right and wrong. Liberals think they get to change the constitution at will to satisfy their social experiments. The 2nd Amendment says the people can bear arms. Many Liberals have tried taking that right away and the Supreme court has said "No Many times"
Ever heard of the Ninth Amendment?