Is Healthcare a Human Right?

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Fortunately you are wrong, the constitution decides whats right and wrong. Liberals think they get to change the constitution at will to satisfy their social experiments. The 2nd Amendment says the people can bear arms. Many Liberals have tried taking that right away and the Supreme court has said "No Many times"
Do you know what the word "amendment" means? If it can be amended once...

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
By the way college isn’t for everyone I agree and free college would take people by their scores. Not everyone would get into college.
Not college, necessarily, but there are non-college schools (that could be called "college," of course) such as trade schools that might well be appropriate and should be covered as well. There is no reason to pay for college but not, say, an electrical engineering technology school.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
They have single-payer in Canada and Britain, and they regularly ration care. Uh, yeah, some "right". They got it but often can't get it. And the older ones are pushed into dying quietly, so what happened to their "right"?
Refusing to provide health care based on inability to pay is "rationing care."

Apr 2014
Maryland
Not college, necessarily, but there are non-college schools (that could be called "college," of course) such as trade schools that might well be appropriate and should be covered as well. There is no reason to pay for college but not, say, an electrical engineering technology school.
I had students who had special skills but we’re not academically suited for college and I would encourage them to pursue their skills. College is not for everyone but it should be affordable

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Germany has a parallel system of college/uni and work-based school/colleges without the stigma attached to "mere" manual work as opposed to academic excellence. I believe they are all state-funded.

This kind of idea.. (They actually have a national handbook for incoming migrants!)

School-based Vocational training

Jul 2011
UK/Australia
I have never had my care rationed in almost seventy years. (I was born shortly after the NHS was formed)
Neither have I, and while I cannot claim this for seventy years; I have been afforded first class and immediate medical care as and when necessary, some of it in a country of which I am not a citizen, all my life without my mother or I being asked to pay a penny.

I would ask Excaliber to justify his extraordinary claim, by means of documented evidence, or issue an apology for defaming several societies.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Neither have I, and while I cannot claim this for seventy years; I have been afforded first class and immediate medical care as and when necessary, some of it in a country of which I am not a citizen, all my life without my mother or I being asked to pay a penny.

I would ask Excaliber to justify his extraordinary claim, by means of documented evidence, or issue an apology for defaming several societies.
Right wing tribalists have no problem lying to promote their agenda, in fact they feel totally justified in doing so