Is Healthcare a Human Right?

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
No. You have the right to purchase one, just like healthcare.
And, if you can't afford healthcare, then you die.

Or, you can commit a crime, go to jail, and get health care that way.

Or, you can learn to make meth, and make enough money to pay for what you need, you know, like in Breaking Bad. If you get caught, then see above.

Or, you can quit your job and go on welfare, then you'll qualify for Medicaid.

There are lots of choices.

Nov 2008
Washington state
And, if you can't afford healthcare, then you die.

Or, you can commit a crime, go to jail, and get health care that way.

Or, you can learn to make meth, and make enough money to pay for what you need, you know, like in Breaking Bad. If you get caught, then see above.

Or, you can quit your job and go on welfare, then you'll qualify for Medicaid.

There are lots of choices.
You can make payments, that's the American way. You are suggesting you are going to die because you can't afford Healthcare. Don't buy that new car and stay alive

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
You can make payments, that's the American way. You are suggesting you are going to die because you can't afford Healthcare. Don't buy that new car and stay alive
Cost of a new car: Maybe 30 grand.
Cost of heart surgery: Maybe 300.

Payments on that car: depends on interest and down, but somewhere in the neighborhood of $750 a month.
Payments on that heart surgery: ten times that amount. Meanwhile, you can't work because of recuperating from heart surgery.

No, the American way is just what I said. And, once you're on Medicaid, getting off is very difficult. Go to work, and you lose your health insurance. Therefore, don't go to work, even after recuperation.

But, you do have a point. You shouldn't buy a new car unless you can pay cash. That's contrary to the American way, but it does lead to financial peace.

Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
You shouldn't buy a new car unless you can pay cash. That's contrary to the American way, but it does lead to financial peace.
Or buy a pre-owned (i.e., used) vehicle. Even just a couple years old is a better economic choice, since the new car loses a ton of value just by driving it off the lot. And if you get a good enough car, it can last to over 300K miles over 20 years or so. Mine won't get to 300K by age 20, but it should get there, and maybe longer.

[/digression]

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Education for everyone isn’t a national security issue. There will be millions who can afford to pay for their education. I wasn’t talking about college by the way, I was talking about K through 12. You said you don’t like to pay for other people‘s healthcare but yet you don’t mind paying for other people‘s education. By the way college isn’t for everyone I agree and free college would take people by their scores. Not everyone would get into college. Healthcare is also in the best interest if all Americans
That's a false statement. Are you doing it deliberately or did you just misread my posts?