Is "Muscle Memory" real?

Oct 2013
USA
Yes. Something interesting happens to the body when you have a back problem detected or undetected. Your brain changes your walk to compensate for that issue. You don't know it but it may show itself as a foot, leg, or knee problem eventually due to the strain of the brain's automatically adjusted stride.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
From Google

Is muscle memory real?
Yes and no. There is no literal memory in the muscles, but the thing people call “muscle memory” exists, though the name is a misnomer. A better name might be “subconscious memory,” as the information is stored in the brain, but is most readily accessible—or only accessible—by non-conscious means.

(so basically this thread was just you being a nitpicky doofus. You doofus....)

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
I took 2 weeks of an 8-week typing class in 8th grade. The typewriters had no letters or symbols printed on them, so it did not matter whether you looked at the keys or not. I quit after 2 weeks because by then I had learned the keyboard and just needed practice, so I went back to my free time ("study hall") to read, and practiced to the point where I have quite the facility ... if I think about where the keys are I lose my "zone" - kind of like the best way to stop a millipede in its tracks is to ask it in which order it moves its legs.

Along those same lines...

Stumbled across a semi-fun exercise on the interwebs a while back. It provided a template for printing out a "blank" keyboard. Made a number of copies and passed them around to a number of workmates. Basically a bunch of IT computer support folks. Good typers.

Entertaining to watch. Everybody could get some of the keys. But after "qwerty" things did slow down a lot. Nobody could fill in anything close to the whole keyboard.