Is New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to fat to be elected President?

Is New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to fat to be elected President?

• Total voters
Jan 2011
east coast
In what sense?

Are you asking us if people are that fucking shallow and superficial? I'd hope not.
Yes, they are. Hell, i know people who have voted for someone because they look good, you know, nice suit, nice hair, etc. They will also not vote for someone because they are fat. We have a lot of impecile voters in this country.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
In what sense?

Are you asking us if people are that fucking shallow and superficial? I'd hope not.
Assign your own meaning to the answer to that question.
I think the argument would be made that any person with such a lack of willpower to allow himself/herself to be that fat.....does not have the metal to be President.
(I'm not saying that that argument is correct btw.....I'm saying that it would be effective as a political attack)

Christie ads countering that argument ...blaming it on a medical condition would not be effective, imo.

Jul 2011
Detention Block AA-23
I think the argument would be made that any person with such a lack of willpower to allow himself/herself to be that fat.....does not have the metal to be President.
(I'm not saying that that argument is correct btw.....I'm saying that it would be effective as a political attack)
To which I would reply, again, I would hope people would not be that fucking shallow and superficial.

Voters in New Jersey apparently weren't. And oddly enough, based on the image put out by the media, mainly from all those awful reality shows, the perception of New Jersey is such that many would expect people there to be quite shallow and quite superficial.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
To which I would reply, again, I would hope people would not be that fucking shallow and superficial.
Reality proves you wrong. (they are)

Voters in New Jersey apparently weren't. And oddly enough, based on the image put out by the media, mainly from all those awful reality shows, the perception of New Jersey is such that many would expect people there to be quite shallow and quite superficial.
A fat slob of a governor is fine. <G> Presidents need to be slim/trim & photogenic! (when was the last obese President elected?)
Governors are not Commanders in Chief.