Is New Mexico a state?

May 2016
california
This is not the first time I've heard a story like this about New Mexico, it's almost a long running joke in the newspapers. It's probably a safe bet a number of college grads have the same problem but maybe a map of the US in the office of bureaucracy is called for since they're an official office of government.

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
I have heard that some individuals in California are suggesting that the State be divided into two States and are disappointed that the name is currently in use.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Google is your friend.
Meh. I never felt New Mexico really fit in. Desert-esque, practically deserted, no real cities. Adds little more than raw acreage, from what I can see.

Claiming it has the same dignity as one of the original 13 colonies is laughable.

Jun 2013
Here
Huh?

Try again please.
Why would someone expect you to understand? The OP was about someone thinking New Mexico was NOT a U.S. state. NO ONE, until your post tried to suggest who it was politically, that was ignorant as to New Mexico being a state. YOU turned it into a suggestion that the person who made the mistake, was a "liberal"......

Ignorance is not the the provenance of any specific political party, there are people who are ignorant in all parties, would you not agree and there are also republicans on government in Washington D.C., no less than there are democrats, would you not agree?

I think the important thing for our nation is to have an educated populace, but some people seem to object to being well informed and educated. When people are not informed and educated, they are vulnerable to those who will exploit their ignorance, to use and manipulate them, as well as rip them off.

Jul 2011
NYC
Why would someone expect you to understand? The OP was about someone thinking New Mexico was NOT a U.S. state. NO ONE, until your post tried to suggest who it was politically, that was ignorant as to New Mexico being a state. YOU turned it into a suggestion that the person who made the mistake, was a "liberal"......
Why play the role as a sniveling liar?

This is why Trump loves the uneducated.

That's what I was responding too, but you NPC's don't look at yourselves but attack others for the things your ilk initiated. Why come after me if you are all butt hurt about the thread becoming political? It was your buddy. I simply responded.

Ignorance is not the the provenance of any specific political party, there are people who are ignorant in all parties, would you not agree and there are also republicans on government in Washington D.C., no less than there are democrats, would you not agree?

I think the important thing for our nation is to have an educated populace, but some people seem to object to being well informed and educated. When people are not informed and educated, they are vulnerable to those who will exploit their ignorance, to use and manipulate them, as well as rip them off.

True, lets start with objective thinking so you don't make the mistake of throwing a tantrum at me for what your buddy instigated.

May 2016
Florida
Why play the role as a sniveling liar?

That's what I was responding too, but you NPC's don't look at yourselves but attack others for the things your ilk initiated. Why come after me if you are all butt hurt about the thread becoming political? It was your buddy. I simply responded.

True, lets start with objective thinking so you don't make the mistake of throwing a tantrum at me for what your buddy instigated.
Dude, how about you just take Midol when it's your time of the month, instead of PMS'ing all over the board?