Is Obama Boring?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Dec 2010
New York
I've always found Obama boring. Even when giving his much-ballyhooed speeches, during which people were crying and fainting, I found him cold, detached, and rather robotic. No passion, not inspiring.

Seraphima

Former Staff
Aug 2010
I've always found Obama boring. Even when giving his much-ballyhooed speeches, during which people were crying and fainting, I found him cold, detached, and rather robotic. No passion, not inspiring.
I found him to be quite the opposite... but then, I have Stephen Harper to compare him to and Harper could put anyone to sleep.

Sep 2007
the state of confusion
I don't see how any one who can infuriate 50 to 60 percent of the population everytime he opens his mouth to be considered boring.. he is anything but boring.

clueless yes.. boring NO

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Obama is President TV.

Is the evening news boring? Are the commercials boring? Obama is smooth. It doesn't matter what he says, not at all. He is the political equivalent of a mental massage. And after 4 years, he has become familiar. Boring doesn't matter. The presence matters. He doesn't say the wrong thing because nobody notices what he says. Was it boring when Mr. Rogers put on his sweater? Was it boring when Cronkite said "Well that's the way it is.." every night.

The candidates are being judged on performance smoothness because that's what TV demands. It's as though the economy and world peace depend on TV performance.

Obama has always been boring. But he's smooth. And if people don't wake up and tell the TV performance critics to take a hike and actually read something, we will have him for 4 more years. Because he's smooth and now he's familiar.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Obama is President TV.

Is the evening news boring? Are the commercials boring? Obama is smooth. It doesn't matter what he says, not at all. He is the political equivalent of a mental massage. And after 4 years, he has become familiar. Boring doesn't matter. The presence matters. He doesn't say the wrong thing because nobody notices what he says. Was it boring when Mr. Rogers put on his sweater? Was it boring when Cronkite said "Well that's the way it is.." every night.

The candidates are being judged on performance smoothness because that's what TV demands. It's as though the economy and world peace depend on TV performance.

Obama has always been boring. But he's smooth. And if people don't wake up and tell the TV performance critics to take a hike and actually read something, we will have him for 4 more years. Because he's smooth and now he's familiar.
I was at an Obama rally in 2008 and it was way too crowded with thousands of people to see the speaker. There was a really tall guy in front of me, so I asked, "hey who's at the podium now?" He said, "I don't know who the suit with the big ears is, but he's standing next to Kmiller!"

Last edited:

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
I was at an Obama rally in 2008 and it was way too crowded with thousands of people to see the speaker. There was a really tall guy in front of me, so I asked, "hey who's at the podium now?" He said, "I don't know who the suit with the big ears is, but he's standing next to Kmiller!"
That joke usually involves the pope and a Jewish guy.

Reactions: Davocrat
Jun 2011
Well, he's downright comical when his teleprompter is broke. But any clown can read a teleprompter and fake up a performance from a teleprompter. The clown has nothing to offer but the failed ideas of the past, plus racism, which is a failed idea of Democrats past. Add in the lies, and yeah, he's boring.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Split 4/4 now.

I think the GOP debates have been boring. President Obama's speaches are ok. Certainly they are no worse than Former President GW Bush.