Is Rape a legitimate political tactic?

C

Conservationist

In his fine new book, World War Two: Behind Closed Doors, the historian Laurence Rees points out that although rape was officially a crime in the Red Army, in fact, Stalin explicitly condoned it as a method of rewarding the soldiers and terrorising German civilians.

Stalin's army of rapists: The brutal war crime that Russia and Germany tried to ignore | Mail Online
Is this a legitimate military and political tactic, or an act of revenge (Russia Avg IQ = 96, German Avg IQ = 108)?

We're about to face these people in Cold War II: It Gets Downright Yucky.

D

Defensor

Shouldn't this be in the history forum?

Why are you questioning America's noble Soviet allies and Uncle Joe?

But there was no Cold War I and there will be no Cold War II.

M

michaelr

Is this a legitimate military and political tactic, or an act of revenge (Russia Avg IQ = 96, German Avg IQ = 108)?

Do you not understand "Ethnic Cleansing"? Do you not know about the Moores?

T

Tick

What a stupid question! No, Its not OK. You want to use Stalin as an example. Dude, you need immediate mental health care.

T

Tick

Shouldn't this be in the history forum?

Why are you questioning America's noble Soviet allies and Uncle Joe?

But there was no Cold War I and there will be no Cold War II.
Are you actually from the planet Earth?

B

Bourne

What a stupid question! No, Its not OK. You want to use Stalin as an example. Dude, you need immediate mental health care.
It's a valid question Tick. So instead of insulting the OP how about for once you dig your head out of your ass and offer a rational response to the subject.

D

dbelkau

The US and many other countries have forced their socio-economic philosophy on many defeated countries. They force the population to conform to their wishes. Invariably this is due to said country pissing off the victor and incurring punishment for doing so. Whether it's an individual or a nation rape is rape and its been happening for a long time. Of course we call it the spoils of war or economic reparations or some such. Germany and Japan are about the only examples I can give for this retribution being an eye for an eye.

B

Babylon

It's a valid question Tick. So instead of insulting the OP how about for once you dig your head out of your ass and offer a rational response to the subject.
You've got balls dude, I'll give you that much.. It's obviously not ok to rape Bourne, thank's for your public service announcement, but the question only sounds like a faint tapping of the next War drum..

Please explain the Validity of the question.