Is retaining your job more important than retaining your honor?

Is retaining your job more important than retaining your honor?

• No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Jul 2018
North Carolina
I would venture to say that most jobs do require one to lie and do dishonorable things, lots of people just refuse to admit it to themselves... heck, how many times do you see a product labelled "the best" when it isnt.

Anyhoo its too late for me. I already sold out.
Well on a humorous note, I have bent the truth almost to the breaking point. Case in point, when my wife ask me if she has lost weight since she started exercising. I answer with a resounding YES, a lot baby and you're looking HOT. When she asks me if she looks fat in her dress. I answer with a resounding NO, you look awesome. LOL. :drool::zany:

May 2012
By the wall
I'm with you on term limits , they are in there way too long.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
If I have a representative that's doing a good job why should I lose him for someone who may do a worse job?

If you don't like someone then there is a process in place.

Its called voting them out.

Jun 2018
US
If I have a representative that's doing a good job why should I lose him for someone who may do a worse job?

True .. but we see that on both parties that these people are so entrenched that they are out of touch with Americans.

The president can only do 2 terms why not term limits on Congress?

Jun 2018
US

Plus a lot of times they become so powerful that no one runs against them. So then you dont have a choice

May 2012
By the wall
True .. but we see that on both parties that these people are so entrenched that they are out of touch with Americans.

The president can only do 2 terms why not term limits on Congress?

The founders didn't want any politician to have term limits, they felt is punished someone for gaining experience.

When FDR broke the tradition of only two terms the republicans waited until they had control of congress and then established the 22nd amendment.

It was political because they didn't want the democrats to produce another FDR in the future.

Honestly there really never was a good reason given for the 22nd amendment other than fear of not getting back into the WH by the republicans.

Like I said, the Founders gave us plenty of recourse with reelection and impeachment that we shouldn't fear politicians overstaying their welcome.

Because voters do not choose to act on the powers given them by the constitution we should not arbitrarily punish good representatives.

May 2012
By the wall
Plus a lot of times they become so powerful that no one runs against them. So then you dont have a choice

What you are saying is that they become good at their job.

Do you really want a junior senator who doesn't know the job to constantly be representing you and your state?

I don't.

On top of that, the longer a representative is in office the less they need to rely on help from special interest groups.

They are well established and people know who they support and won't. This limits the amount of people that try to lobby them because some groups simply know its pointless.

New representatives get hit and influenced by every group out there and they are more susceptible because they probably need the financial backing and crave the power that these groups can help them attain.

Jun 2018
US
What you are saying is that they become good at their job.

Do you really want a junior senator who doesn't know the job to constantly be representing you and your state?

I don't.

On top of that, the longer a representative is in office the less they need to rely on help from special interest groups.

They are well established and people know who they support and won't. This limits the amount of people that try to lobby them because some groups simply know its pointless.

New representatives get hit and influenced by every group out there and they are more susceptible because they probably need the financial backing and crave the power that these groups can help them attain.
Yeah then you get those that sit there for decades and have no clue what the real world is any more.

Maybe they should have to use the common man's healthcare insurance that they imposed on us, maybe they would fix it.

Still think they are in to long.

Jun 2018
US
The founders didn't want any politician to have term limits, they felt is punished someone for gaining experience.

When FDR broke the tradition of only two terms the republicans waited until they had control of congress and then established the 22nd amendment.

It was political because they didn't want the democrats to produce another FDR in the future.

Honestly there really never was a good reason given for the 22nd amendment other than fear of not getting back into the WH by the republicans.

Like I said, the Founders gave us plenty of recourse with reelection and impeachment that we shouldn't fear politicians overstaying their welcome.

Because voters do not choose to act on the powers given them by the constitution we should not arbitrarily punish good representatives.
I Understand where you are coming from but still would like to see it changed.

It might help with the partisan divide we have today.