Is Russia grooming Tulsi Gabbard to run as a third party candidate in 2020?

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
That skag had no policy. Just wanted to be "Queen of the World".
We get it. You don't like her personally. This may come as a shock, but not every election and especially who the Dems nominate is about pleasing you.

Jun 2019
A red welfare state
Ah, the pretending-to-be-deliberately-obtuse gambit.

Russiagate is all about amping up the illegal war of aggression in Syria (and also escalating the proxy war in Ukraine). At least that's how it's being used right now. Did you really not catch that?

False. And how did we go from you don't have to be a fan of Putin's in order to support the citizens to Russia to here? I think you need to calm down just a bit.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
"Technically". Actually , Robert Francis got MILLIONS of outside money in his FAILED attempt to beat Cruz.
Then you "technically" can link to it. Or just declare it to be proven like a good Scaifie when you are unable to.

Apr 2018
oregon
Democrats tend to be a little more lowkey in the way they pitch their pro-war platforms, because they don't get the same political windfall from it that the republicans do. Hence why democrats tend to like drone strikes whereas republicans prefer "boots-on-the-ground."
Democrats oppose trump, regardless of whether it's a pro-war or anti-war policy.

Reactions: ptif219 and jenniel

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
I've Got Nowhere Else to Go
False. And how did we go from you don't have to be a fan of Putin's in order to support the citizens to Russia to here? I think you need to calm down just a bit.
i'm totally calm. as an anti-war independent, i have absolutely no say in the political process, which is oddly liberating.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Russia poses a serious threat. (And no, this isn't the 80's calling.) We need to be cognizant of that and on guard for it in terms of our elections. That said, we also need to be on guard and avoid chasing our tails over "Russia, Russia, Russia!" because that, in and of itself, serves their purposes, not ours. Russia (and Putin, in particular) relishes sewing seeds of discord and chaos. We needn't assist them in that.
Lets not forget China too...

Reactions: Wonderer

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
I've Got Nowhere Else to Go
Well it certainly wasn't what Highway said, at least not to my knowledge.
Hillary Clinton explicitly ran on her desire to establish a no-fly zone in Syria, she mentioned it verbatim in at least one debate, and the pentagon was of the opinion that a no-fly zone in Syria stood an excellent chance of provoking a greater war in Syria, including escalating to war with Russia. (See the Guardian link I provided.)

No-fly zones were instrumental in providing the escalation in Iraq that ultimately led to the illegal war of aggression there, and this, we now know, was the intention of the neo-cons all along.

The point of no-fly zones and sanctions is to provoke a response in the targeted country and provide a justification for war. We've seen it over and over.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire