Is the hammer and sickle as offensive as the swastika or the confederate flag?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I think the U.S. was the aggressor in the Cold War, and we were wrong. Our foreign policy was immoral.

I also think we caused a great deal of Stalin's paranoia and inadvertently caused his campaign of terror on his own citizens. Though truly, that could never be proven.

Holy fuck, you haven't delved into russian history, even from their side,,,,, wow....

Reactions: boontito

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Clearly, what we need is some mathematical reference points. How many dead under the acts of a particular flag raises that flag to the status of "offensive" and how far back in history do we retroactively apply that label? Once that's established, we could come up with a color coded sliding scale of offensive flags.

I think this is just the group capable of doing that to!

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Clearly, what we need is some mathematical reference points. How many dead under the acts of a particular flag raises that flag to the status of "offensive" and how far back in history do we retroactively apply that label? Once that's established, we could come up with a color coded sliding scale of offensive flags.

I think this is just the group capable of doing that to!
Do you think "The Producers" can do for the swastika what "The Dukes of Hazzard" did for the Confederate flag?

Reactions: boontito
Nov 2018
Maryland
I think the U.S. was the aggressor in the Cold War, and we were wrong. Our foreign policy was immoral.

I also think we caused a great deal of Stalin's paranoia and inadvertently caused his campaign of terror on his own citizens. Though truly, that could never be proven.
Yeah, I'm sure he U.S. caused Stalin to kill millions of his own citizens. Maybe, just an idea --- Stalin was a leftist nutcase.