Is the lack of "breaking news" interrupting daytime tv a sign of the time or the sign of a weak impeachment hearing?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
I remember when clinton was being impeached every other minute was a "breaking news" break in on every channel. I haven't seen one yet now. Is that a sign of the modern times, or a sign of an overall weak case?

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Modern times. What I remember is that it was broadcast live. I don't remember a lot of breaking news.

Dr. Hill is offering convincing, credible testimony and making the Republicans look as stupid as they are.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Modern times. What I remember is that it was broadcast live. I don't remember a lot of breaking news.

Dr. Hill is offering convincing, credible testimony and making the Republicans look as stupid as they are.

Thats true to a point, we don't see much "breaking news" anymore in prime time or even day time tv.

With the 24/7 news cycle and the internet, has the "breaking news" become obsolete.

I ignored your off topic "orange man bad" post and your tribal attack on that other tribe.

CtC

Mar 2019
California

Holmes--I ASSUMED everyone knew because they NODDED. Assumed? ASSUMED? This is what this whole friggin' thing is about.

Reactions: Gooseberrymesa
Oct 2019
Earth
I remember when clinton was being impeached every other minute was a "breaking news" break in on every channel. I haven't seen one yet now. Is that a sign of the modern times, or a sign of an overall weak case?
Both. With the prevalence of 24/7 news and that all the witnesses so far have offered nothing incriminating.

Democrats have really shot themselves in the foot with this impeachment push, I'm not even sure if they can dial it back anymore before their next shot boomerangs against them even worse.

High crimes and misdemeanors:
- I hear from a friend who heard from a friend
- he hurt my feelings
- I didn't witness anything
- and nobody directed a quid pro quo.

I don't doubt that they could pass a vote to send impeachment to the Senate, I just don't see how it will overcome that hurdle and actually remove Trump.

What's worse is that people don't seem to realize that Trump will have opportunity to call witnesses in the Senate (if it's not just tossed aside as a waste of time), and that could put many people at risk of getting their noses bloodied.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Both. With the prevalence of 24/7 news and that all the witnesses so far have offered nothing incriminating.

Democrats have really shot themselves in the foot with this impeachment push, I'm not even sure if they can dial it back anymore before their next shot boomerangs against them even worse.

- he hurt my feelings

I don't doubt that they could pass a vote to send impeachment to the Senate, I just don't see how it will overcome that hurdle and actually remove Trump.

What's worse is that people don't seem to realize that Trump will have opportunity to call witnesses in the Senate (if it's not just tossed aside as a waste of time), and that could put many people at risk of getting their noses bloodied.
- he hurt my feelings

There it is, thats it, end of story

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
This is a silly thread.

No need to run a banner saying "breaking news" when most stations are carrying the impeachment hearings live.

You dont have to reply.

Im asking a nonpolitical question no need for the hysterics