Is Time To Rethink Len Bias Law Despite Heroin Crisis

Jun 2014
In A Van Down By The River
Len Bias laws prosecute those who provided drugs in overdose cases.

While Narcon may be available more and more around here people fearing prosecution and prison would rather boogey...

Or instead of calling for help drop the body off in an alley like this guy

56-year-old Kenosha man is accused of hiding the body of a local man who may have died of a heroin overdose last weekend.

Tye P. Frazee was charged with felony hiding a corpse, obstructing an officer and possession of drug paraphernalia. Frazee appeared in Kenosha County intake court Wednesday afternoon and is being held on a $50,000 cash bond.

On Sunday, Kenosha police responded to the alley at 23rd and 24th avenues between 61st and 63rd streets for a report of a man lying on the ground. The man, who was pronounced dead by the medical examiner, was identified and linked to Frazee by witnesses.

According to the criminal complaint, when questioned by investigators Frazee admitted to being with the deceased man before his death. Frazee reportedly admitted to snorting heroin with the deceased man and wanted to take him home because he was stumbling to his vehicle.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggnMAE&usg=AFQjCNGTWSlLwSYDbps2llY_HgEP1XNeYw

Sep 2006
Englewood, Fl
I agree with you. If the user is an adult, let him/her be accountable for their own actions. These are sick people and should get treatment and not jail. Unless someone held them down and shot the stuff into their arm let the adult who took too much be responsible, not just someone else in the room.

I remember how horrible I felt when Bias died. Larry Bird was chomping at the bit to teach him the Celtic system and as a Celtic fan, we couldn't wait. He was a nice young man and a great athlete. He chose to celebrate his being picked in the NBA draft with some buds by doing cocaine. They should not be held responsible for what that young MAN chose to put into his body.

I still think about what a waste. I've never thought someone else should pay a price for what that young MAN chose to do. It was tragic and it was also tragic for his Frat buddies. I'm sure they'll never forget and maybe some sought help because of it. I hope so.

Len Bias laws prosecute those who provided drugs in overdose cases.

While Narcon may be available more and more around here people fearing prosecution and prison would rather boogey...

Or instead of calling for help drop the body off in an alley like this guy

56-year-old Kenosha man is accused of hiding the body of a local man who may have died of a heroin overdose last weekend.

Tye P. Frazee was charged with felony hiding a corpse, obstructing an officer and possession of drug paraphernalia. Frazee appeared in Kenosha County intake court Wednesday afternoon and is being held on a $50,000 cash bond.

On Sunday, Kenosha police responded to the alley at 23rd and 24th avenues between 61st and 63rd streets for a report of a man lying on the ground. The man, who was pronounced dead by the medical examiner, was identified and linked to Frazee by witnesses.

According to the criminal complaint, when questioned by investigators Frazee admitted to being with the deceased man before his death. Frazee reportedly admitted to snorting heroin with the deceased man and wanted to take him home because he was stumbling to his vehicle.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggnMAE&usg=AFQjCNGTWSlLwSYDbps2llY_HgEP1XNeYw