Israeli Archaeologists May Have Found Emmaus, Where Jesus Appeared After Crucifixion

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Atheists use the EXACT same faith to disbelieve as Christians use to believe. Except we have historical documents and the Bible and ancient history toprove our case. Atheists have NOTHING but their angry faith in no God.
No. No faith is a requirement of not believing in gods. Your god is just another god. Why do you not believe in all the other ones?

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
Atheists use the EXACT same faith to disbelieve as Christians use to believe. Except we have historical documents and the Bible and ancient history toprove our case. Atheists have NOTHING but their angry faith in no God.

That's absurd. Atheists simply see no sound reason to believe in a god or gods. Why be angry about that which one doesn't believe in?

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
Yeah, but how about not making a condescending remark for a change?

You seem to think that you are superior to everyone around you.

I can think of a few reasons why, but unlike you, I will be polite and keep them to myself.

When you act in a respectful manner, I will treat you the same way.

Djinn is one of the most grounded and respectful individuals on this site. In all my years here I have never seen him act in such a fashion.

May 2016
california
People don't come back from the dead. When we die that is the natural cycle and there's no coming back, unless one is revived by medical professionals.
People declared dead do sometimes come back to life but I'm sure that's just a mistake on the professionals part.

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
People declared dead do sometimes come back to life but I'm sure that's just a mistake on the professionals part.
Indeed. I don't think we can find a documented case where an individual actually 'rose from the dead' as described in the synoptics (well, in Mark it may be an interpolation).

Last edited:
May 2016
california
Indeed. I don't think we can find a documented case where an individual actually 'rose form the dead' as described in the synoptics (well, in Mark it may be an interpolation).
Well except for the bibles account and they said it was remarkable. It would have been currently informational to have had an observer there at the time, but then some did claim that. In the end we may find out more, if it's not too late then.

Reactions: RedCloud

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
Well except for the bibles account and they said it was remarkable. It would have been currently informational to have had an observer there at the time, but then some did claim that. In the end we may find out more, if it's not too late then.
But if we accept the consensus that the gospels were probably written after the fall of the Temple, and we look to Tacitus and note that the 'cult' nearly died and was 'revived' (Paul?), we can posit that the revivalists may have invented the story in order to promote the faith. It is a matter of probability and rising from the dead is improbable, and rightly so.

May 2016
california
But if we accept the consensus that the gospels were probably written after the fall of the Temple, and we look to Tacitus and note that the 'cult' nearly died and was 'revived' (Paul?), we can posit that the revivalists may have invented the story in order to promote the faith. It is a matter of probability and rising from the dead is improbable, and rightly so.
Probability is based on math and I don't believe in math all the time but that people would obscure a truth I wouldn't argue with.

Reactions: RedCloud