Israeli Archaeologists May Have Found Emmaus, Where Jesus Appeared After Crucifixion

Blues63

Dec 2014
Tatooine
Probability is based on math and I don't believe in math all the time but that people would obscure a truth I wouldn't argue with.

I use this definition in this context:

the quality or state of being probable; the extent to which something is likely to happen or be the case. Likelihood etc.

May 2019
The Wine Country
Indeed, what if He wasn't dead but just unconscious?

He wakes up in a cave and thinks WTF? He steps outside and here are all these knuckleknobs yelling Hosannah!

He says I'm outta here!

They say Home to your Father?

He says Whatever and runs like a turkey through the corn.

Coulda happened that way.

Now for some real archeology ...

Elvis made his first "alive" appearance at the Burger King on Westnedge Avenue in Kalamazoo.

Stewie.jpg

.​

Blues63

Dec 2014
Tatooine
Indeed, what if He wasn't dead but just unconscious?

He wakes up in a cave and thinks WTF? He steps outside and here are all these knuckleknobs yelling Hosannah!

He says I'm outta here!

They say Home to your Father?

He says Whatever and runs like a turkey through the corn.

Coulda happened that way.

Now for some real archeology ...

Elvis made his first "alive" appearance at the Burger King on Westnedge Avenue in Kalamazoo.

Or what if, as an ancient author pointed out (Celsus IIRC), the cult members stole the body and paid off the auxiliaries guarding the tomb in order to promulgate the resurrection story which would promote the cult?

May 2016
california
I use this definition in this context:

the quality or state of being probable; the extent to which something is likely to happen or be the case. Likelihood etc.
Likely things happen as we expect them to until they don't. At which point denial may set in.

Blues63

Dec 2014
Tatooine
Fanciful reminds me too much of modern physic explanations for the layman. I'd generally prefer the old fashioned mysterious.

Fair enough. I don't see any reason to believe the supernatural nature of these tales. I feel that many believe without question owing to the weight of history, that is, all the believers that went before, and the fact they were born into the culture that believes. If we were presented with these stories afresh, without the weight of history most would dismiss them as fantasies.

May 2019
The Wine Country
On that vein ...

What if the Maccabees had enough oil? They had just measured it wrong.

Religion sure requires a lot of suspension of disbelief.