It is my opinion that Trump and his GOP are funding Bernie Sander because they want to run against him

Is Trump/GOP funding Bernie Sanders to run against?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 2013
USA
There's always been crossover voting for the weaker candidate. And that's closer to my question, but you also didn't write the OP. Just wondering what helped him form his opinion.
I can't speak for the OP but I think it is missing tactics we learned in the last election not to understand that it is more than a possibility that Trump allies would do that. 2016 makes it a possibility. No one can say it is happening but given the OP's statement I find the explanation valid...Trump does want to run against Bernie and Trump, Trump supporters, and Russia make funding a real question.

The crossover voting started as a formal strategy in 2008:

Limbaugh urges listeners to vote for Clinton

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Bernie has been Bernie since the 80s when he was mayor in Vermont. I doubt the Russians paid him to do anything. Its likely he wanted to run before but hasnt had the chance with a popular president like Obama. He saw his chance in 2016 and tried.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Almost every poll in the last election had bernie beating trump

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Sanders
I didnt agree with that at first in 2016, but looking at exit polling and seeing that Stein got more votes than Trump won by in those three states, its quite clear Sanders would have gotten the bulk of those votes. Stein had even said at one point she would drop out had Sanders won the nomination since they drew from the same pool of voters.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Almost every poll in the last election had bernie beating trump

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Sanders
I didnt agree with that at first in 2016, but looking at exit polling and seeing that Stein got more votes than Trump won by in those three states, its quite clear Sanders would have gotten the bulk of those votes. Stein had even said at one point she would drop out had Sanders won the nomination since they drew from the same pool of voters.
Looks like my Grandson was right.
I actually agreed with Sanders more than HRC but I was afraid of the job the GOP would do on him nationally.
Boy was I wrong!

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
I don't believe they are sponsoring Saunders. I believe they share one. Putin wins again if either of them get the job.