It May Be Too Late for LGBT People - The SCOTUS Event Horizon

Sep 2014
in the noggins of yip yappers
I'm so tired of the nightmares. You know every single time I fall asleep I have nightmares. It doesn't matter what time of day it is. Morning, afternoon, night. It doesn't matter. If I close my eyes, there are nightmares waiting. And they're always, always, always about trying to escape before the government (or a mob) has me killed. And everywhere I try to hide, nobody will help me and somebody always tries to turn me in.

Last night (15 minutes ago) was particularly bad. I was being shot at by automatic weapons, and I was hit several times. I was dying in pain and alone.

This is an extremely bad time to be LGBT, but in particular it's a horrible time to be trans. Now I have to go to work and pretend like nothing's wrong, because I work with small children. Just like I do every single day. You have no idea what that costs. It's emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausting, and I don't know how much longer I can keep going like this. I'm out of sick days for the entire year because of my balance problems earlier this year. So I can't take a sanity day. I can't even take a sick day if I have a 103 fever (I don't, but every year I get sick at least once or twice because I work with 600 of the most adorable walking petri dishes you've ever seen).
I told you where to come to.:)

Sep 2014
We just go round and round, but it just remains, you're a bigot against trans folks. Did one hurt you? I'm not going to bother addressing you further, as it will do here as it has done in the past. Continue going around. You whine, you cry, you throw a tantrum, all so you don't have to share a bathroom. We've gone over the economics of it before (it's not more economical to make a third bathroom and who would pay for all the DNA testing your so fond of?). We've gone over your whole dick fetish. We've gone over the rape scenarios, the existing laws, the proposed laws. We've gone over the topic so much before and now but your views never change and you don't even wish to remotely consider any type of compromise.

I've offered my solution, unisex bathrooms. If you have nothing more to say other than those things you've already listed and we've already gone over, than all I can say is I smell TERF. The joy you get being demeaning to trans folks (guy in a dress, dick in a dress, etc) is disgusting and petty. You're just a mean, spiteful little person who talks a lot, but says little.

PS - If you couldn't tell the color coded text was indeed mocking you, I suggest you spend a lil more time in the bathroom removing your cranium from your rectum.
Nailed it.

Sep 2014
ya know what...i did not see one comment in SD's post that was discriminatory. Its shit like this that turn people against the trans agenda.

and just an FYI... its your president too
Are you kidding?

Why should the gay community have to "win over peoples hearts?"
Wtf? I thought Christians are supposed to love their fellow man?

Fucking ridiculous. Then there's the matter of "educating" people about the the gay lifestyle. Who the fuck is he kidding? Y'all don't want to know about their lifestyles. Omg.

And he might be the president of the US but that doesn't mean he's liked. I notice you don't care about that pervert ogling teenage pagaent girls. How sad. And disgusting.

Dec 2006
required field
It’s strange being trans in 2018. Everyone knows we exist, but very few people know one of us well enough to see us as complex, fully formed human beings. Trans people may be on more screens and magazine covers than ever before, but for the 84 percent of Americans who believe they’ve never met a trans person in real life, we still live in the realm of the imagination, theoretical at best.

We’ve made real progress in an astonishingly short amount of time: from seven years ago, when, as one of the first out trans journalists in the country, I was still spending much of my time helping reporters and editors newly attuned to trans issues use correct pronouns, to today, when a transgender candidate has won the Democratic nomination for governor of Vermont, and shows like “Transparent” and “Pose” not only receive high critical praise but also feature powerful trans storytellers and actors behind and in front of the camera.

I really thought we were making progress at the start of 2016. Now it feels like it was all an illusion. I'm still kind of amazed at how easy it has been for this administration to roll back our rights, with so little outcry from the general public. Very few cis people even notice that we're under attack, and even fewer are willing to stick up for us in any meaningful way.

Which is why the backlash feels so painful — rooted, as it is, not just in the usual demeaning rhetoric from conservatives or the ignorant and uninformed, but also in decades-old talking points from women calling themselves feminists who argue that trans women aren’t women, and from those purportedly concerned about the ways social pressures may be leading children toward medical interventions too soon — never mind the lack of concrete evidence that this is any sort of widespread problem. Violence against trans people (and especially trans women of color) last year was the highest it’s been since it was first measured; over half of trans boys have attempted suicide. Erasure is a battle most of us spend our entire lives fighting against, which is why the memo from the Department of Health and Human Services suggesting that the existence of trans people is, itself, a matter of debate, opened old wounds. Despite all the attention on our stories, trans people almost invariably risk tremendous loss in endeavoring to be “authentically” ourselves. The triumph you see on television only happens if there is a welcoming world to greet us on the other side. This past week, for me, raised the question once again: Is there?
Opinion | The Problem With the Wrong Kind of Trans Visibility

Feb 2015
sadness
Everyone knows we exist, but very few people know one of us well enough to see us as complex, fully formed human beings.

Everyone knows trans exist. Everyone new trans existed before it was the thing to be trans. We all could see women who tried looked like men, and men who tried to look like women . Nothing is new there just the political correct being offended at the world.

Everyone knows trans are complex fully formed human beings..... trans just want to be transformed a bit more by drugs and cosmetic surgery into something they are not but feel they should be.

Dec 2006
required field
Young trans girl commits suicide. Media is reporting it like it was an "accident". The truth may never come out. This is just one way in which we are constantly erased. One of the most common ways. Even our deaths are quickly forgotten as if we never mattered at all.

The only reason I know who the victim was and why they did it is because of my trans friends in Sacramento.

A person killed early Monday after being struck by a freight train in midtown Sacramento has been identified as an 18-year-old Auburn woman, coroner’s records show.

Kendall Rae Murray died at about 12:35 a.m. Monday near 1900 Capitol Ave., according to Sacramento County Coroner’s Office records. About four minutes earlier at the same location, the Sacramento Fire Department responded to reports that a person had been hit by a Union Pacific train, archived scanner traffic maintained by Broadcastify.com shows.

Fire crews discovered a Union Pacific freight train had been stopped on the tracks at 19th Street, “blocking all of downtown,” at about 12:31 a.m., according to scanner feeds. At 12:36 a.m., dispatch reported a “train vs. pedestrian” at 20th and O streets, where the front of the stopped train was located.

Murray’s body was found by emergency responders about 12:44 a.m. near the crossing at Capitol Avenue and 20th Street, scanner feeds show. Murray died at the scene.

Broadcastify scanner feeds from Union Pacific also confirm the incident.

“We had a person step out in front of us here,” an engineer told dispatch shortly before 12:30 a.m.

Police, fire and Union Pacific officials investigated the scene for several hours Monday morning, temporarily closing railroad crossings between D and O streets.
Pedestrian in fatal freight train collision identified as Auburn woman