"It's all about the Benjamins baby"

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...-semitism-over-tweets/?utm_term=.565611cb6db0

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) again faced accusations of anti-Semitism on Sunday night after she suggested in tweets, which started with a Puff Daddy rap lyric, that members of Congress support Israel because of money from the pro-Israel lobby.

It’s the second time this month that Omar has become entangled in a Twitter controversy replete with emoji and snarky clapbacks centered on the complex Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Omar, who supports the anti-Israel movement called BDS, for “boycott, divestment and sanctions,” has persistently fought accusations of anti-Semitism by maintaining that her condemnation of the Israeli government for its treatment of Palestinians does not equate to condemnation of Jewish people. She has also claimed to be the victim of GOP attacks seeking to misrepresent her position on Israel as anti-Semitic.
She has got a lot of reaction from her contentious point. While the subject should be discussed, acting like this is no way to go about it. It all but ensures she and BDS will not be included or taken seriously. How can this woman say shit like this and then turn around and fight accusations of anti-Semitism? Just own it already.

May 2016
Florida
How is talking about how AIPAC is influencing american politics on Israel, antisemitic? Is Omar Islamophobic when she talks about Saudi Arabia?

Jul 2014
midwest
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...-semitism-over-tweets/?utm_term=.565611cb6db0

She has got a lot of reaction from her contentious point. While the subject should be discussed, acting like this is no way to go about it. It all but ensures she and BDS will not be included or taken seriously. How can this woman say shit like this and then turn around and fight accusations of anti-Semitism? Just own it already.
She's just carrying out Farrakhan's work, that's all.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
How is talking about how AIPAC is influencing american politics on Israel, antisemitic? Is Omar Islamophobic when she talks about Saudi Arabia?
Are you really asking how making jokes, quips or comments about money, when related directly to Jewish people is anti-Semitic?

Really?

Oh boy you have a lot to learn, I guess. Luckily you are on the internet so the information is just a few clicks away.

May 2016
Florida
Are you really asking how making jokes, quips or comments about money, when related directly to Jewish people is anti-Semitic?

Really?

Oh boy you have a lot to learn, I guess. Luckily you are on the internet so the information is just a few clicks away.
Thanks for your opinion about what you think I should/should not "learn", but reading the comments from the links you provided, there seems to be a number of people that "have a lot to learn" as well. Anyway, back to my question, what exactly is "antisemitic" in the tweet you posted? I mean, is talking about Russia "antiwhite"?

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Thanks for your opinion about what you think I should/should not "learn", but reading the comments from the links you provided, there seems to be a number of people that "have a lot to learn" as well. Anyway, back to my question, what exactly is "antisemitic" in the tweet you posted? I mean, is talking about Russia "antiwhite"?
Like who? Call them out by name - since you aren't really making any other points.

Go one further - challenge them on their points.
Start here - Contact Us | AJC

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Omar's comments touched upon a long-running, and particularly ugly, thread of the anti-Semitic movement — that Jewish money fuels backing for Israel in the United States and elsewhere. A freshman Democrat, Max Rose of New York, said, "Congresswoman Omar's statements are deeply hurtful to Jews, including myself." Omar and freshman Michigan Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib — the first two Muslim women elected to Congress — have signaled support for the Palestinian-led BDS movement (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) against the Israeli government over its treatment of Palestinians.

Omar ignites new anti-Semitism controversy with comments on AIPAC