"It's all about the Benjamins baby"

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
This lady is a mess. Check this out:

Ilhan Omar retweets, deletes post accusing her of anti-Semitism : report

So she retweeted comments from another talking-head, thinking it was in support of her, then she deleted it once she read the entire thing...

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn, reportedly retweeted then deleted a Twitter post that accused her of anti-Semitism after she was called out from both sides of the aisle for tweeting that the U.S. relationship with Israel is “all about the Benjamins, baby.”

The tweet she reportedly reposted was from Joshua Zeitz, a historian. The tweet in question began as though he was supportive of the freshman congresswoman's earlier comments. He wrote that he's "one of those American Jews who opposes the occupation, laments Israel’s anti-democratic drift, and doesn't regard the country as especially central to my Jewish identity."

The tweet continues, "And I know exactly what the congresswoman meant. She might as well call us hooked-nosed."
She should apologize then delete her Twitter account just to save a little face.

May 2016
Florida
Like who? Call them out by name - since you aren't really making any other points.

Go one further - challenge them on their points.
Start here - Contact Us | AJC
"Like who?" You don't read your own links? I asked you specifically what was antisemitic about Omar's remarks, you have yet to answer, but instead choose to try and make the topic about me. If you don't have an answer, then just say so...or continue to focus on your emotional poutrage towards me challenging your argument. Your choice.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
"Like who?" You don't read your own links? I asked you specifically what was antisemitic about Omar's remarks, you have yet to answer, but instead choose to try and make the topic about me. If you don't have an answer, then just say so...or continue to focus on your emotional poutrage towards me challenging your argument. Your choice.
She made a comment about Jewish/US relationships being all about money.

I'm not holding your hand or baby sitting you any more. Time to walk on your own. Big boy pants and all.

May 2016
Florida
She made a comment about Jewish/US relationships being all about money.

I'm not holding your hand or baby sitting you any more. Time to walk on your own. Big boy pants and all.
Most foreign politics are about money, are you implying that because she talks about Israel that immediately it makes it antisemitic? I mean, name one foreign policy initiative that is not all about money.

As an aside...I find this comment from your link to be more interesting....in a twitter feed about antisemitism you have comments like this....

Shouldn't this woman be carrying well water while walking 10 paces behind her preordained husband from an arranged marriage?

5 Likes

mikelocLeader

ItstheConstitutionStupid
12m
If she was back in her Home Counties she’d be sitting on the ground with fly’s all over her face, send her back

1 Like

So, when trying to argue a case about someone mentioning money in politics as being "antisemitism", let's step back and take a look at real racism in play.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Most foreign politics are about money, are you implying that because she talks about Israel that immediately it makes it antisemitic? I mean, name one foreign policy initiative that is not all about money.

As an aside...I find this comment from your link to be more interesting....in a twitter feed about antisemitism you have comments like this....

So, when trying to argue a case about someone mentioning money in politics as being "antisemitism", let's step back and take a look at real racism in play.
Alright good talk.