It's Two, or more, Consenting Adults

Nov 2009
Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
New York Rep. Anthony Brindisi’s aide was charged with hiring prostitute, 17: police

Granted she was just 17 but let's put that aside and get to the bigger issue....prostitution.

In my opinion, I see no reason why the sex trade, conducted by willing adults is illegal. The only reason I can think of why it is, is wives. If two people meet at a bar, a party, walking on the street, and they decide to have sex, of what business is it of the government?

I'll answer that......NONE!

So why, if one of the partners, wants a bit of money first? It is still two, or more, consenting adults. Some want a few dollars to have sex. Some want a ring, a wedding, a house and a car. They are still giving up the same thing.

I say again, there is only one reason that sex for a gratuity is illegal.....and that is wives.

p.s., Please don't give me the sex trade crap. If sex was legal why would there be a need for illegal sex trade. As a business model it would just go the way of the buggy whip business.

Am I wrong?

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
In principle I would tend to agree with you. It's not the business of the government what people are doing with their money and who they're having sex with. But, I have a bit 'but'

p.s., Please don't give me the sex trade crap. If sex was legal why would there be a need for illegal sex trade. As a business model it would just go the way of the buggy whip business.
This is unfortunately not true. We can see this here in Europe, because the laws around prostitution are very different from one country to another, so it provides a nice little laboratory for comparison. There are several countries where prostitution is legalised. The justification behind legalisation was generally that prostitution was common anyway, and that this would allow it to be regulated and make life safer for the people who work in the industry. Unfortunately it has not always worked out that way,

Prostitution generally still happens in a very black market way - most prostitutes do not want to pay taxes and see this as a very short term profession. Many are also immigrants from poorer countries who are trying to make a quick buck and leave - they don't intend to hang around. Both immigrants and locals often don't want the fact that they were a sex worker officially recorded in any sense - so even though paying taxes and treating this like regular employment would entitle them to health care and social security in most cases, they continue to work on a cash under the table, grey economy basis. All of which means that a lot of the industry is still unregulated and run by organised crime, and that mingled with the immigrants who came on a conscious decision to make money in Western Europe's sex industry are an unknown number of forcibly trafficked women.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but I don't think it's a simple issue.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
New York Rep. Anthony Brindisi’s aide was charged with hiring prostitute, 17: police

Granted she was just 17 but let's put that aside and get to the bigger issue....prostitution.

In my opinion, I see no reason why the sex trade, conducted by willing adults is illegal. The only reason I can think of why it is, is wives. If two people meet at a bar, a party, walking on the street, and they decide to have sex, of what business is it of the government?

So why, if one of the partners, wants a bit of money first? It is still two, or more, consenting adults. Some want a few dollars to have sex. Some want a ring, a wedding, a house and a car. They are still giving up the same thing.

I say again, there is only one reason that sex for a gratuity is illegal.....and that is wives.

Am I wrong?
You are very wrong...LOL Do you think that women just marry men for a diamond, nice house and car? Do you think that men just marry women for sex? You seem to be saying that wives are just legalized prostitutes. Wow...:mad: Women can just buy those things for themselves.

Mar 2019
Down a back road turn south on a gravel drive
Get married, then have sex.

First comes love
Then comes marriage
Then comes baby in the baby carriage

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado

Am I wrong?
It leads to crime.
Prostitutes are often abused and have no protections.
It devalues property.

It's also illegal because that is what the public wants. Many will say it should be legal, but ask them if it should be legal in their backyard and all the sudden the story changes.
This is why where it is legal, it is out of sight.

I'll give you the sex trade crap all day because you are ignoring that it primarily involves children.

You are pretty much wrong on every word you wrote.