It's Two, or more, Consenting Adults

Aug 2018
Vancouver
If it were legal, women could simply advertise their services themselves and not need a Pimp. I get what you are saying, but that is in part due to it being illegal.
If the woman advertised that service the first person to call the number would actually be a pimp.

He and four friends would arrive for the appointment and take some photos of her daughter. They then hold her hand over the stove element and take everything from her purse.

She works for them now. If she doesn't. They'll kill her daughter.

The idea of someone being allowed to freelance that is simply not possible. It'd be a matter of weeks before she got noticed.

And I worked a NICE town.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
If the woman advertised that service the first person to call the number would actually be a pimp.

He and four friends would arrive for the appointment and take some photos of her daughter. They then hold her hand over the stove element and take everything from her purse.

She works for them now. If she doesn't. They'll kill her daughter.
You're wrong. That is not how it is for everyone.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Anywho so the actual topic is if a guy right now says to me I will pay your mortgage if you sleep with me, that is not illegal. But if he says he will give me the same amount in cash, it is. That is why there are those Baby/Daddy websites. Sugar Daddies can legally get a professional girlfriend.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I agree, prostitution should be legal, human beings should be free to use own body as they wish. Provided they are of adult age, and are indeed making own, un-coerced decisions.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
"Are you contemplating fucking a prostitute behind the wifey's back?"

Why is "a prostitute" the key phrase? What if I am planning on having sex with the next door neighbor? Does that change anything?
Yes. Because it presumes the next door neighbour has not been beaten and terrorized since she was six, and is not doing it to avoid aggrivated assault.

And with a prostitute that presumption is 100 percent wrong.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
I agree, prostitution should be legal, human beings should be free to use own body as they wish. Provided they are of adult age, and are indeed making own, un-coerced decisions.
Which does not happen in prostitution. Or - happens so rarely that's it's statistically zero.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Which does not happen in prostitution. Or - happens so rarely that's it's statistically zero.
I bet it does, in places like Sweden, who have decriminalised their sex trade. It is LEGAL in Sweden to offer sex for sale, but not to solicit it as a client lol Did you know that? :D

And then, there are places like Russia, where it is totally illegal, and yet also totally everywhere, controlled either by mafia syndicates or gangs of crooked cops and such. No women there can work independently precisely because of the highly criminalised and violent nature of the "business" there, it's way too dangerous, they need the protection...

Aug 2016
CA
New York Rep. Anthony Brindisi’s aide was charged with hiring prostitute, 17: police

Granted she was just 17 but let's put that aside and get to the bigger issue....prostitution.

In my opinion, I see no reason why the sex trade, conducted by willing adults is illegal. The only reason I can think of why it is, is wives. If two people meet at a bar, a party, walking on the street, and they decide to have sex, of what business is it of the government?

I'll answer that......NONE!

So why, if one of the partners, wants a bit of money first? It is still two, or more, consenting adults. Some want a few dollars to have sex. Some want a ring, a wedding, a house and a car. They are still giving up the same thing.

I say again, there is only one reason that sex for a gratuity is illegal.....and that is wives.

p.s., Please don't give me the sex trade crap. If sex was legal why would there be a need for illegal sex trade. As a business model it would just go the way of the buggy whip business.

Am I wrong?
Yes. It is illegal because the government doesn't make any taxes off of the business.