Ivanka to Gary Cohn after Charlottesville: "My Dad's not a racist!"

May 2013
Boise, ID
Well, actually I guess he kinda IS a racist .. but "he didn't mean any of it" - Honest :rolleyes:
WASHINGTON — When Gary D. Cohn was considering resigning as the top White House economic adviser after President Trump blamed “both sides” in a deadly white nationalist protest in Charlottesville, Va., his first stop was a meeting with Mr. Trump’s children.

In a conversation in August 2017 with Ivanka Trump, the president’s eldest daughter and senior adviser, Mr. Cohn was shocked by her reaction to his concerns, according to a new book about Ms. Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner.

“My dad’s not a racist; he didn’t mean any of it,” Ms. Trump said of the president’s refusal to condemn white nationalists outright.
‘My Dad’s Not a Racist’: Book Describes Ivanka Trump’s Defense After Charlottesville

Jul 2013
Ohio
She's correct. Trump isn't a racist. That's just the useful idiots and their alinsky tactics at work.
Trump gave white supremacists and neo-nazis (Charlottesville 2017, one protestor killed) a "some were nice" pass, so Gary Cohn left the administration.

Apr 2018
oregon
Trump gave neo-nazis (Charlottesville 2017, one protestor killed) a "some were nice" pass, so Gary Cohn left the administration.
Your personal political bias has clouded your judgment. Trump said there were good people on both sides of the protest. There were. There were also bad people on both sides. There is nothing racist about either of those statements.

Jul 2013
Ohio
Your personal political bias has clouded your judgment. Trump said there were good people on both sides of the protest. There were. There were also bad people on both sides. There is nothing racist about either of those statements.
There's nothing "good" about neo-nazis and white supremacists.

Apr 2018
oregon
'Good people' don't go marching alongside Nazis, sorry.
Good people don't march alongside masked antifa, either. That being said, good people showed up to the protest on both sides. That doesn't mean they support the bad people who also showed up on both sides. For someone who claims high education, your logic is quite often lacking.