I've Been Binge-Watching 'Stranger Things'!

Jan 2016
Colorado
My Target ad insert in my Sunday newspaper had a deal too good to pass up: the first season of 'Stranger Things' on Blu-Ray for a measly $5, and the second season on Blu-Ray for a very modest $10. This was a Netflix series I had heard good things about, so I decided to bite. Plus I had another Target coupon for $5 off of any $15 purchase, so I just bought a few grocery items to top it off, so essentially got the first two seasons of this show for $8.50. Can't beat that price!

And it is fun to watch. I have three more episodes of the 2nd season to watch, and I guess the 3rd season has started now.

Anyone else a fan of this series? Don't give out any spoilers! I'll finish Season Two tomorrow.....

Aug 2018
Vancouver
I was a huge fan of seasons 1 and 2. It's one of my all time favorite shows.

I am struggling with season 3. I'm at episode 5 and I feel like this season is a sloppy, unnecessary mess.

It's still enjoyable enough to keep watching. With good scenes here and there. But ... yeah... I won't spoil it.

Reactions: BigLeRoy
Jun 2007
Wisconsin
Lot of people I have talked to about the series love season 3. I've watched the first two seasons and I liked them. Not as much as others, but they were very good. I need to finish a couple of books I've been reading and I think I'll engage then.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
My Target ad insert in my Sunday newspaper had a deal too good to pass up: the first season of 'Stranger Things' on Blu-Ray for a measly $5, and the second season on Blu-Ray for a very modest $10. This was a Netflix series I had heard good things about, so I decided to bite. Plus I had another Target coupon for $5 off of any $15 purchase, so I just bought a few grocery items to top it off, so essentially got the first two seasons of this show for $8.50. Can't beat that price!

And it is fun to watch. I have three more episodes of the 2nd season to watch, and I guess the 3rd season has started now.

Anyone else a fan of this series? Don't give out any spoilers! I'll finish Season Two tomorrow.....
Love it. The whole 80s set brings me back!!!

Reactions: Sparta and BigLeRoy
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Heh, when I first when to Target to buy it, and picked up the first season, I thought they had made a mistake, and it was a VHS package! I had to look real close to confirm and verify that it was actually a bunch of Blu-Ray discs!
Have you finished it yet?

Jan 2012
SoCal
I enjoyed Season 1 quite a bit. Season 2 I considered a bit of a muddle....sort of like it wasn’t expected to happen and now they had to pull something out of their ass to make it work. (See the Matrix trilogy).

Season 3 would probably be considered a nice return to form while also showing some pretty decent growth within the storyline. However in my opinion the premise was already a bit weak as they’ve basically just spent lots of time fighting monsters be they ourselves, the upside down or what have you.

Without spoilers I’ll simply share they could really develop this by exploring the nature of the Upside Down, the creatures within it, why it exists, etc.

Reactions: BigLeRoy
Jan 2016
Colorado
I enjoyed Season 1 quite a bit. Season 2 I considered a bit of a muddle....sort of like it wasn’t expected to happen and now they had to pull something out of their ass to make it work. (See the Matrix trilogy).

Season 3 would probably be considered a nice return to form while also showing some pretty decent growth within the storyline. However in my opinion the premise was already a bit weak as they’ve basically just spent lots of time fighting monsters be they ourselves, the upside down or what have you.

Without spoilers I’ll simply share they could really develop this by exploring the nature of the Upside Down, the creatures within it, why it exists, etc.
One of the interesting wrinkles in Season Two was when Eleven----'El'------went to track down her 'sister' in Chicago------and we learn that she has an ability of an entirely different kind, as she can make people SEE whatever she wants them to see. And she was Number Eight. So that makes you wonder if there are any other humans with paranormal abilities out there, and what they might be up to, and how the government lost track of them all, anyhow.....

[Was it Chicago or Cleveland? I might be forgetting that part....]