Japanese firm to make landmark apology to U.S. POWs

Apr 2015
Seattle
A major Japanese corporation will offer a landmark apology this weekend for using U.S. prisoners of war for forced labour during the Second World War, according to the Simon Wiesenthal Center, which is hosting the event.

A senior executive of Mitsubishi Materials Corp. will apologize to 94-year-old James Murphy, of Santa Maria, Calif., and relatives of other former POWs who toiled at plants its predecessor company operated in Japan during the conflict.

Japanese firm to make landmark apology to U.S. POWs - The Globe and Mail

Have the Americans ever apologized for destroying 65% of Hiroshima and killing 140,000 people?
This was terrorism and a war crime by any moral compass.
And of course answer is NO. And never will.
Just because most of Americans think that it was justified

May 2012
By the wall
It was justified.

Japan should be thanking us for not dropping more bombs on them.

Either way, these types of apologies so long after the fact are stupid no matter who is doing it.

It was stupid when Congress apologized to the Native Americans and its stupid to see Japan apologizing to the US for WWII.

Reactions: 1 person

B04

Aug 2014
gone
A major Japanese corporation will offer a landmark apology this weekend for using U.S. prisoners of war for forced labour during the Second World War, according to the Simon Wiesenthal Center, which is hosting the event.

A senior executive of Mitsubishi Materials Corp. will apologize to 94-year-old James Murphy, of Santa Maria, Calif., and relatives of other former POWs who toiled at plants its predecessor company operated in Japan during the conflict.

Japanese firm to make landmark apology to U.S. POWs - The Globe and Mail

Have the Americans ever apologized for destroying 65% of Hiroshima and killing 140,000 people? Nope.
This was terrorism and a war crime by any moral compass. nonsense.
And of course answer is NO. And never will. Correct.
Just because most of Americans think that it was justified You mess with the bull, you get the horns.The Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs ended the war that JAPAN started.
my comments in red above, you America hater.

B04

Aug 2014
gone
Because the people today had nothing to do with what happened back then.

An apology from us now means nothing since we weren't the ones doing anything.

So who cares, its an empty apology.
It's like apologizing for slavery. It was morally wrong, detestable, etc. But I did not do it, so why should I apologize for it?

May 2012
By the wall
It's like apologizing for slavery. It was morally wrong, detestable, etc. But I did not do it, so why should I apologize for it?
Pretty much.

Who wants an apology from someone that didn't do the crime?

I wouldn't.

Nov 2010
Ah, the revisionist history. Japan started the war. Japan was a bunch of fanatical, psychotic, evil fucks. WHat they did to the Chinese, the POWs, the other nations they invaded, was deplorable. They never surrendered, they would fight to the death. Yeah, citizens get caught up with what their rulers do

As horrible as it was, having the A bomb dropped when it was much less powerful than future bombs, and really getting to know the horrors of not only the power of the bomb, but the radiation. So it was probably good to get that out of the way to deter any future dropping of nuclear bombs.And the reason was justified. The bombing campaigns of Tokyo had more civilian deaths than the A bomb

Reactions: 2 people

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Too little, too late. Apologies were due after the war.

A new one today has no value to a generation on both sides that had nothing to do with it.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
good. :1thumbup:

anyhoo I'm a fan of car makers with an aviation history. They tend to make good cars; BMW, SAAB, Rolls Royce, Mitsubishi..

Reactions: 1 person