Jay Inslee Ends Campaign for President

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington, who mounted a dogged presidential candidacy raising the alarm about climate change, dropped out of the 2020 race Wednesday after struggling to earn a place in the next Democratic primary debate. Mr. Inslee plans to compete for a different office instead — the one he already holds. He intends to run for a third term as governor in 2020, according to a person with knowledge of his decision, which was first reported by The Associated Press.

While his presidential campaign had “advanced the dialogue” on climate change, Mr. Inslee said, he had concluded that the electoral obstacles before him were insurmountable. “I’m not going to be the president, so I’m withdrawing tonight from the race,” Mr. Inslee said in an interview Wednesday night on MSNBC, where he first made the announcement.

Mr. Inslee said he had no immediate plans to endorse another Democrat in the primary, but said he hoped to advise the Democratic field on climate policy and help them “remove the climate denier from the White House.”

I hope whichever D candidate that wins in 202 will make him the head of the EPA or Interior. We need, badly, someone like him in either of those positions.

Mar 2019
California
Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington, who mounted a dogged presidential candidacy raising the alarm about climate change, dropped out of the 2020 race Wednesday after struggling to earn a place in the next Democratic primary debate. Mr. Inslee plans to compete for a different office instead — the one he already holds. He intends to run for a third term as governor in 2020, according to a person with knowledge of his decision, which was first reported by The Associated Press.

While his presidential campaign had “advanced the dialogue” on climate change, Mr. Inslee said, he had concluded that the electoral obstacles before him were insurmountable. “I’m not going to be the president, so I’m withdrawing tonight from the race,” Mr. Inslee said in an interview Wednesday night on MSNBC, where he first made the announcement.

Mr. Inslee said he had no immediate plans to endorse another Democrat in the primary, but said he hoped to advise the Democratic field on climate policy and help them “remove the climate denier from the White House.”

I hope whichever D candidate that wins in 202 will make him the head of the EPA or Interior. We need, badly, someone like him in either of those positions.
Nope. He was all about a phantom issue. The EPA should be eliminated. Let the States do whatever they do.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Nope. He was all about a phantom issue. The EPA should be eliminated. Let the States do whatever they do.
I totally disagree with that. Parts of this Country would be a toxic garbage dump without the EPA. We pay Federal taxes and I expect oversight on how badly we abuse our environment. If a State has poor leadership, those States would turn into a India. Everyone needs oversight at every level. It keeps people as honest as possible.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA

I agree. I really did not see him as POTUS but he has good skills for a EPA position. He knows how to manage a budget and he is well versed on climate change. He would be a win-win.

Mar 2019
California
I totally disagree with that. Parts of this Country would be a toxic garbage dump without the EPA. We pay Federal taxes and I expect oversight on how badly we abuse our environment. If a State has poor leadership, those States would turn into a India. Everyone needs oversight at every level. It keeps people as honest as possible.
India? Our best LEGAL Immigrants are coming from India. As far as "Like India" goes ,ya been to 'Frisco or LA lately? EPA has not done much there. Inslee? Seen Seattle lately?

Mar 2019
California
I agree. I really did not see him as POTUS but he has good skills for a EPA position. He knows how to manage a budget and he is well versed on climate change. He would be a win-win.
Actually ,I am well versed on Climate Change. It ain't happenin'. Inslee just listens to self styled "Experts" who get fat Gov't Grants.