Jeb Bush says Donald Trump's supporters aren't a bunch of idiots

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
Washington (CNN) — Jeb Bush on Saturday said Donald Trump is a skilled politician with a "very powerful message" about shaking up Washington, but he argued the presumptive Republican nominee is campaigning in a way that's "preying on people's angst rather than offering tangible solutions."

At a three-hour event in Amsterdam hosted by the Nexus Institute, the former Florida governor and GOP White House hopeful delivered a speech and took part in a panel discussion about the changing dynamics of American democracy. The discussion, in part, explored trends that have paved a path for the rise of candidates such as Trump and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is running as a Democrat.

Although Bush was not aggressively critical of Trump, as he had been during his campaign, he showed no signs that he was warming up to the presumptive Republican nominee, like some other establishment Republicans have started doing.

Still, Bush said, he doesn't blame voters who are supporting Trump.

"What I fear is that people, kind of looking down their nose, will say the people that are supporting Donald Trump are a bunch of idiots. They're not. They're legitimately scared. They're fearful. They're not as optimistic for legitimate reasons and there should be respect for that," he said. "And on the other side, a similar respect needs to be shown."

http://news.google.com/news/url?sr=...437581618389&sid=en_us-el&ssid=el&st=1&at=dt0

We all know just how much the American people trust Jeb's judgement about people...:)

At least he has brains enough to come out and state flat out that he will never be supporting Trump.

Snikitz

Former Staff
Mar 2011
Split between Minnesota and New Orleans
Washington (CNN) — Jeb Bush on Saturday said Donald Trump is a skilled politician with a "very powerful message" about shaking up Washington, but he argued the presumptive Republican nominee is campaigning in a way that's "preying on people's angst rather than offering tangible solutions."

At a three-hour event in Amsterdam hosted by the Nexus Institute, the former Florida governor and GOP White House hopeful delivered a speech and took part in a panel discussion about the changing dynamics of American democracy. The discussion, in part, explored trends that have paved a path for the rise of candidates such as Trump and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is running as a Democrat.

Although Bush was not aggressively critical of Trump, as he had been during his campaign, he showed no signs that he was warming up to the presumptive Republican nominee, like some other establishment Republicans have started doing.

Still, Bush said, he doesn't blame voters who are supporting Trump.

"What I fear is that people, kind of looking down their nose, will say the people that are supporting Donald Trump are a bunch of idiots. They're not. They're legitimately scared. They're fearful. They're not as optimistic for legitimate reasons and there should be respect for that," he said. "And on the other side, a similar respect needs to be shown."

http://news.google.com/news/url?sr=...437581618389&sid=en_us-el&ssid=el&st=1&at=dt0

We all know just how much the American people trust Jeb's judgement about people...:)

At least he has brains enough to come out and state flat out that he will never be supporting Trump.
I find it interesting that the first thing the left does when faced with disagreement on issues is to pout, point and say "you're stupid!"

Like 9 year olds.

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
I find it interesting that the first thing the left does when faced with disagreement on issues is to pout, point and say "you're stupid!"

Like 9 year olds.

What I loved about it how the right started out telling everybody how dumb it would be to support someone like Trump and ended up stunned into shock n awe as it became obvious that their hate filled previous eight years was going come back a bite them in the ass...I got a chuckle out of that.