Jefferson Davis memorial TARRED AND FEATHERED

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Heh-heh. Very creative.

After all, what is it that Confederate apologists always say, "he was a man of his time!"

Okay, here's a humiliation of your times, Jeff!

#################################

[FONT=&quot]

An Arizona monument to Confederate leader Jefferson Davis was vandalized with tar and feathers Thursday, according to local news reports.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A Fox affiliate first reported that the monument, which is a small stone plaque bearing the name of the Confederate president, was vandalized early Thursday with tar and feathers. No protests were reported around the monument, which sits in Gold Canyon, Ariz., just off a major highway.

Confederate plaque tarred and feathered in Arizona | TheHill[/FONT]

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
What the hell?

What is a monument to Jefferson Davis doing in Arizona? Did it retire? Is it only there in the winter?

Jan 2016
Colorado
What the hell?

What is a monument to Jefferson Davis doing in Arizona? Did it retire? Is it only there in the winter?
It just moved there and certainly did NOT appreciate the welcome!

Your new neighbors are SUPPOSED to bring you a pie or something, NOT tar and feather you!

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
I will agree with this. It's history. It may be a horrible part of history, but it is history. Wiping it out, attacking it, destroying it does not make the history go away or heal anything. True healing happens with understanding it, acceptance of the reality that it was, and a resolve to never repeat it.

I don't care if some small set of assholes think the memorial is something to be revered. The racists have no power and knowing who they are instead of driving them underground is much more beneficial.

May 2012
By the wall
What the hell?

I know right?

I thought I knew most of the monuments down here...never heard of this one.

It makes no sense.

However we do seem to put up plaques for anything, you can't drive very far without seeing one to talk about something.