Jennifer Lawerence removed from her own movie!?!?

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Okay. I don't normally post a lot of "Entertainment News" stuff, but this story just caught me attention:

Now You See Her, Now You Don't... Jennifer Lawrence Censored from Mockingjay Posters for Fear of Encouraging 'Vandalism'

No joke. Here's the posters:

And this was the reason given - not from the Israeli government, but from an Israeli PR firm:

It was a decision by the Israeli PR firm for the film, not Israeli Government. The firm need to consider what material may be deemed offensive in highly religious areas. The above image is believed to be provocative and sexual. Because nothing says sexy like archery.

Capital Jerusalem, as well as suburb Bnei Brak, have used the censored version of the poster, for fear of the original provoking vandalism in the ultra-orthodox areas.

They went on to say, "Unfortunately we are subject to unofficial coercion that forces us to be more careful. We have had endless vandalization, and clients prefer not to take the chance. We allow everything, but we recommend hanging another visual when necessary. The decision is the clients'.”

Am I the only one who thinks that this is ridiculous censorship, and unacceptable?

Reactions: 1 person

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
The censorship is ridiculous but the reason for it is even more so. Some people need to to get a life.

Reactions: 3 people

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
The censorship is ridiculous but the reason for it is even more so. Some people need to to get a life.
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering, if the poster is that "distracting", how on Earth would those people be able to watch the movie without shitting themselves every time Jennifer is onscreen?

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2010
out
It could be because of the way she's dressed. Some very religious vandals might want to part the red suit.

Reactions: 7 people

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Who cares ? Jennifer or Kim or Oprah - fame doesn't equal intellect.
Uh...okay...not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand, though. My point wasn't about what a goddess Jennifer is, or how genius she is. I had a problem with the censorship of media, and the hatred that appears to necessitate it.