Jesus Christ: Who would you say he is?

Apr 2014
Maryland
Why is that a goal post shift,

if a person goes to hell they CHOSE hell..

God gave you a choice, If you love him and want to spend eternity with him , you can.

He also gave you the choice, If you don't love him and you want no part of him, you spend eternity separated from him and his creation.

I have made my choice... you have made yours (I don't know what your choice is, that is between you and God who gave your free will)
I’m going to tell my granddaughters that they chose not to get presents from Santa Claus when they did something wrong. I don’t love Jesus and I don’t want to spend any time with him. I’d rather spend it with George Clooney.

Nov 2018
Maryland
That is illogical. You cannot prove something happened by saying it happened, which is all you are doing.
You can't prove anything from the past without having faith in the words, deeds or photos of others. Or, through your own observation.

Everything we believe is based on our own observation or the observation and words of others. Those who accept Christ as their personal savior, rely on the scriptures and the fact that after they've accepted Christ, their lives are transformed. It's not easy to describe to someone who doesn't believe, but it feels very real and you look at things a lot differently.

Many of the early Christians who were eye-witnesses to Jesus's miracles and his rising from the dead were willing to die for their faith. Would they die for a lie? I sure wouldn't.

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
You can't prove anything from the past without having faith in the words, deeds or photos of others. Or, through your own observation.
There is physical evidence and documentary evidence with hypotheses based upon probability and plausibility. Corroboration is fundamental to accurate historiography, and when texts of specious origin demand one suspend the laws of physics, there are grounds for suspicion.

Many of the early Christians who were eye-witnesses to Jesus's miracles and his rising from the dead were willing to die for their faith. Would they die for a lie? I sure wouldn't.
Many of the early Christians who died in persecutions were not witnesses to the mythical deeds of Jesus, and they died for a belief (well, they actually died because they refused to conform to Roman expectations and were treated with suspicion owing to ignorance of their practices). Remember, the early Christians actually believed Christ's return was imminent.

Would they die for a lie? No, they would die for a belief in a possible lie for they didn't/wouldn't know it was a lie.

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Maryland
There is physical evidence and documentary evidence with hypotheses based upon probability and plausibility. Corroboration is fundamental to accurate historiography, and when texts of specious origin demand one suspend the laws of physics, there are grounds for suspicion.

Many of the early Christians who died in persecutions were not witnesses to the mythical deeds of Jesus, and they died for a belief (well, they actually died because they refused to conform to Roman expectations and were treated with suspicion owing to ignorance of their practices). Remember, the early Christians actually believed Christ's return was imminent.
The Apostles were eye-witnesses and all were persecuted except one.

Also, there are many people in the world today who believe in space aliens.