Jesus Christ: Who would you say he is?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Well I think God is trying to give Republicans a message because he is sending tornadoes in red states (tongue in cheek)

Hey one out of the top ten.....god must have made a mistake.lol
Central/Southern Illinois is bright red, I don't think any tornadoes hit Chicago...at least not since 1967...they tore it a new ass that year killing over 50 people.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
That would not have made sense in a Jewish context, which is what the Tanakh (i.e., the "Old Testament") is all about. It makes even less sense when divorced from that context.
It makes perfect sense. If you want to reach the vast majority of people in the region, then you use the most common language.

The New Testament was not written just for Jews. It was written for EVERYONE.

Greek was the leading written and spoken language of that region of the world when the New Testament was written. It was the dominant language in large cities like Alexandria and Antioch for many years.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
You can't prove anything from the past without having faith in the words, deeds or photos of others. Or, through your own observation.

Everything we believe is based on our own observation or the observation and words of others. Those who accept Christ as their personal savior, rely on the scriptures and the fact that after they've accepted Christ, their lives are transformed. It's not easy to describe to someone who doesn't believe, but it feels very real and you look at things a lot differently.

Many of the early Christians who were eye-witnesses to Jesus's miracles and his rising from the dead were willing to die for their faith. Would they die for a lie? I sure wouldn't.
Dying for their faith didn't stop back then.
NODVXJXJDYI6RKJZSRU7CFTPTU.jpg Jonestown, faith incarnate.

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
He was the Messiah that had one purpose. To come and give his life for humanity’s sins, so that believing in him will unite us with God again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cute story, sadly a fairytale. You can’t even prove there was ever a such person as Jesus. You tend to attempt to use the Bible to prove the Bible, which is futile. I have a book that speaks of Gandolf, but Gandolf was not a real person. He was a fictional character.
Just like Jesus.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Cute story, sadly a fairytale. You can’t even prove there was ever a such person as Jesus. You tend to attempt to use the Bible to prove the Bible, which is futile. I have a book that speaks of Gandolf, but Gandolf was not a real person. He was a fictional character.
Just like Jesus.
You spend all your time ignoring the facts. Sadly they are all there , but you choose poorly

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Holy Scriptures very well describe who Jesus Christ is.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -- JOHN 3:16 (KJV).

"I will walk among you and will be your God, and ye shall be My people." -- LEVITICUS 26:12 (KJV).

"Oh that men would praise the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!" -- PSALM 107:15 (KJV).

"Be still, and know that I am God." -- PSALM 46:10 (KJV).

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." -- THESSALONIANS 5:18 (KJV).

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is His Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." -- 1 JOHN 5:11-12 (KJV).

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God: and that believing ye might have life through His name." -- JOHN 20:31 (KJV).

May 2007
Houston, Texas
You can't prove anything from the past without having faith in the words, deeds or photos of others. Or, through your own observation.

Everything we believe is based on our own observation or the observation and words of others. Those who accept Christ as their personal savior, rely on the scriptures and the fact that after they've accepted Christ, their lives are transformed. It's not easy to describe to someone who doesn't believe, but it feels very real and you look at things a lot differently.

Many of the early Christians who were eye-witnesses to Jesus's miracles and his rising from the dead were willing to die for their faith. Would they die for a lie? I sure wouldn't.
What about Muslim suicide bombers, they are willing to die for their faith? Maybe there's is the true faith and your's the fake one. After all, are you willing to die for your faith?

I am an atheist who believes all religion is wrong, regardless of what they teach.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Why all of the resistance to who Jesus Christ is and I say is because He Still Very Much Lives in Spirit as will we all when our time comes to make our transition from this life to the next. Certain things will however determine exactly where we will go at that point. But is it because He taught about love, compassion and forgiveness, something that most of you do not feel you are able to show to your fellow man? Or that in your way of thinking you envy what He did while incarnate such as all of the miracle healings, driving out demons from people, healing the blind and the deaf, healing the lepers, turning water into wine, walking on water, even raising the dead by His mere powerful Divine words? I realize that people have free will to think what they do but is there ever a point when you stop to consider that maybe you have been wrong in your assessment of Jesus based on so much Biblical evidence that has been presented about His work and the reason why He became incarnate which was to cleanse us from sin and save us if we are prepared to be saved and truly want to be?

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
You spend all your time ignoring the facts. Sadly they are all there , but you choose poorly
What “facts” are you referring to? You have no facts. You try to prove the Bible with the Bible. An impossibility at best. Ignorant attempt at worst. A belief is not a fact. Faith is not a fact. Thinking your bad back was cured in a church one day is not a fact.