Jesus might have been gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
Was Jesus Gay?—An Examination of the Secret Gospel of Mark
by Alden Bass

Over the last several centuries, people have made Jesus what they wanted Him to be. In nineteenth-century Europe, Jesus was a Romantic, then an Existentialist. In the United States, the foremost historians of the 1920s considered Jesus a social reformer. Forty years later, in the 1960s, the same historians saw Him as a radical revolutionary pushing for political change. Most recently, Jesus has been characterized by some scholars as a libertine and a homosexual. This is a clear reflection of our “sexually liberated” age, just as other versions of Jesus proliferated through the ages are snapshots of their own time. So long as we craft God in our own image, God cannot condemn us, and we will always be approved regardless of our error. George Tyrell famously commented in 1909 that when the Liberal Protestant scholars looked back at Christ “through nineteen centuries of Catholic darkness,” what they saw was “only the reflection of their Liberal Protestant face, seen at the bottom of a deep well” (as quoted in Bryan, 1996, p. 339).
More in link...

We know he wasn’t a white guy, now he may have been not only not white but also homosexual.
If this turned out to be true, would you officially hate him and stop going to church?
Gay or not, he still gave up his weekend for your sins.

Nov 2016
USA
Oh, boy. The heads of a few local religious zealots are going to explode!

Frankly, I don’t give a rat’s ass if Jesus was str8, gay, bi, or whatever. I know I enjoyed reading the Da Vinci Code, in which Jesus and Mary Magdalene were an item and Mary Magdalene bore children.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Oh, boy. The heads of a few local religious zealots are going to explode!

Frankly, I don’t give a rat’s ass if Jesus was str8, gay, bi, or whatever. I know I enjoyed reading the Da Vinci Code, in which Jesus and Mary Magdalene were an item and Mary Magdalene bore children.
Why would you enjoy reading a book that says Jesus was a sinner who had sex with a woman he never married?

He cannot be your savior and pay the price for man's sins unless he is an unblemished lamb

Also, Stay classy Leftists

Last edited:
Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Was Jesus Gay?—An Examination of the Secret Gospel of Mark
byAlden Bass
Over the last several centuries, people have made Jesus what they wanted Him to be. In nineteenth-century Europe, Jesus was a Romantic, then an Existentialist. In the United States, the foremost historians of the 1920s considered Jesus a social reformer. Forty years later, in the 1960s, the same historians saw Him as a radical revolutionary pushing for political change. Most recently, Jesus has been characterized by some scholars as a libertine and a homosexual. This is a clear reflection of our “sexually liberated” age, just as other versions of Jesus proliferated through the ages are snapshots of their own time. So long as we craft God in our own image, God cannot condemn us, and we will always be approved regardless of our error. George Tyrell famously commented in 1909 that when the Liberal Protestant scholars looked back at Christ “through nineteen centuries of Catholic darkness,” what they saw was “only the reflection of their Liberal Protestant face, seen at the bottom of a deep well” (as quoted in Bryan, 1996, p. 339).

More in link...

We know he wasn’t a white guy, now he may have been not only not white but also homosexual.
If this turned out to be true, would you officially hate him and stop going to church?
Gay or not, he still gave up his weekend for your sins.
He was also a (gasp) liberal!

Nov 2016
USA
Why would you enjoy reading a book that says Jesus was a sinner who had sex with a woman he never married?

He cannot be your savior and pay the price for man's sins unless he is an unblemished lamb
Oh, good grief. My recollection (it’s been years since I read the book) was that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. Satisfied? Lighten up.

i Thought that portraying Jesus as a family man brought out the human side Of him more.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Oh, good grief. My recollection (it’s been years since I read the book) was that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. Satisfied? Lighten up.

i Thought that portraying Jesus as a family man brought out the human side Of him more.
Jesus didn't get married to anyone.

He came to glorify the Father and die for the sins of man.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
When you wash other guy's feet.....

I keed, I keed.

Our knowledge of Jesus comes exclusively from those who loved him and were actively trying to spread his word. Ie. Unreliable.

I mean come on... healing lepers? Walking on water? Seriously?

In other words..... There's no mention of Jesus's sex life in the bible. But there wouldn't be would there. Regardless of how active or inactive it was.

Just like there's no mention of my sex life in this post. It's for public reading and I want people to focus on what I'm saying.

The Roman paparazzi wasn't there to sell deets to TMZ

Status
Not open for further replies.