Jesus might have been gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2010
Indiana
Was Jesus Gay?—An Examination of the Secret Gospel of Mark
byAlden Bass
Over the last several centuries, people have made Jesus what they wanted Him to be. In nineteenth-century Europe, Jesus was a Romantic, then an Existentialist. In the United States, the foremost historians of the 1920s considered Jesus a social reformer. Forty years later, in the 1960s, the same historians saw Him as a radical revolutionary pushing for political change. Most recently, Jesus has been characterized by some scholars as a libertine and a homosexual. This is a clear reflection of our “sexually liberated” age, just as other versions of Jesus proliferated through the ages are snapshots of their own time. So long as we craft God in our own image, God cannot condemn us, and we will always be approved regardless of our error. George Tyrell famously commented in 1909 that when the Liberal Protestant scholars looked back at Christ “through nineteen centuries of Catholic darkness,” what they saw was “only the reflection of their Liberal Protestant face, seen at the bottom of a deep well” (as quoted in Bryan, 1996, p. 339).

More in link...

We know he wasn’t a white guy, now he may have been not only not white but also homosexual.
If this turned out to be true, would you officially hate him and stop going to church?
Gay or not, he still gave up his weekend for your sins.

I see what you did there!

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
As I said, scripture is silent on the issue. It doesn’t say that he was married or not married. And it doesn’t matter to me.

Lighten up.
I'm fine. I'm just correcting the incorrect info you're bringing to this thread.

Sep 2012
SoCal
Why would you enjoy reading a book that says Jesus was a sinner who had sex with a woman he never married?

He cannot be your savior and pay the price for man's sins unless he is an unblemished lamb

Also, Stay classy Leftists
"The DaVinci Code" does NOT say that. You assume that it says that because your closed mind wants it to say that. That's the same kind of closed mind that labeled her a 'prostitute', but your bible doesn't say that, either.

Teabing states that "Christ Himself made that claim" that Mary Magdalene was the Holy Grail. Da Vinci pictures this in The Last Supper. (pp. 242,243)

Teabing reveals: "the greatest cover-up in human history. Not only was Jesus Christ married, but He was a father. My dear, Mary Magdalene was the Holy Vessel [Holy Grail]. She was the chalice that bore the royal bloodline of Jesus Christ. She was the womb that bore the lineage ..." (p. 249)

Mary Magdalene: Jesus' Wife? The Da Vinci Code

• Wow
Reactions: grassvoter
Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
"The DaVinci Code" does NOT say that. You assume that it says that because your closed mind wants it to say that. That's the same kind of closed mind that labeled her a 'prostitute', but your bible doesn't say that, either.
Tell that to @birdzeyez. Not me. She said all that in post #2

Nov 2016
USA
To set the record straight before Rip twists it any further, What I said in post 2 was, “I know I enjoyed reading the Da Vinci Code, in which Jesus and Mary Magdalene were an item and Mary Magdalene bore children.” I later said that my recollection was that the book - which BTW is fiction and not historical nonfiction, which makes Rip’s getting his shorts in a wad all the more funny - portrayed Jesus as married to Mary Magdalene.

I was right that the heads of local religious zealots would explode over this thread.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: knight and Friday13
Sep 2012
SoCal
This is what she said:
Frankly, I don’t give a rat’s ass if Jesus was str8, gay, bi, or whatever. I know I enjoyed reading the Da Vinci Code, in which Jesus and Mary Magdalene were an item and Mary Magdalene bore children.
Where does she say that they weren't married ... that's right, she DOES NOT.

If two people are an item, they are having a romantic relationship:

Reactions: birdzeyez
Status
Not open for further replies.