Jesus might have been gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Why would you enjoy reading a book that says Jesus was a sinner who had sex with a woman he never married?

He cannot be your savior and pay the price for man's sins unless he is an unblemished lamb
I read the OP. That's basically it's conclusion. It's a scholarly article mostly about people grasping at straws. There's simply no authoritative evidence to demonstrate Jesus's sexual-orientation, if he even had one. It's simply not a part of His story.

Reactions: Friday13
Nov 2016
USA
It's obvious Jesus did not get married if you believe the Bible
Where does the Bible say that he wasn’t married? i don’t know one way or another. I just expressed a feeling that to me the idea of Jesus as a family man is appealing. I suppose now you’ll trash me for that, as is your wont.

oh, and did you Not know that the DaVinci Code is FICTION?

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Where does the Bible say that he wasn’t married? i don’t know one way or another. I just expressed a feeling that to me the idea of Jesus as a family man is appealing. I suppose now you’ll trash me for that, as is your wont.

oh, and did you Not know that the DaVinci Code is FICTION?
Post #2 is fiction as I've indicated

Nov 2016
USA
Post #2 is fiction as I've indicated
What’s fictitious about the post? I said that, in the book, Jesus and Mary Magdalene were an item, period. Then you got your shorts in a wad over that. Good grief.

Even though I liked the portrayal of Jesus as family man, I found the premise of the story, which goes on to portray a line of French kings as direct descendants of Jesus, as ludicrous but an entertaining read.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
I'm fine. I'm just correcting the incorrect info you're bringing to this thread.
If you're calling someone incorrect that scripture is silent on it then you need to show the part in scripture where it is stated.

I myself don't know if it's stated or not. I don't remember it being specified.

But you cant just randomly say he's wrong without showing the part of scripture that would show him to be wrong. If there is none, then he's right.

Last edited:

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Okay, he might have been... once again the church would then get it wrong. Again.

If he was I certainly doubt he'd teach "learn of my gayness, and throweth in the faces of people you find inferior!"

Status
Not open for further replies.