Jesus wasn’t a white dude

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
I grew up in a Christian home, where a photo of Jesus hung on my bedroom wall. I still have it. It is schmaltzy and rather tacky in that 1970s kind of way, but as a little girl I loved it. In this picture, Jesus looks kind and gentle, he gazes down at me lovingly. He is also light-haired, blue-eyed, and very white.
The problem is, Jesus was not white....more in link.

57FB1DDF-5EEB-4470-8EBA-387D40AF933D.jpeg

The picture above is Republican Jesus. You cons love this one. He is a made up version of the Bible character “Jesus”. Not a person that ever existed.

0027F176-AE0D-4CAC-9525-B704AA6569B3.jpeg
What if this was “Jesus”? Would you still love him and follow him? Of course not.
38A96238-9BC9-4DFD-B935-69D67C867C3E.png
what about this guy? Could this be what the character “Jesus” looked like?
Would it make any difference?
To cons, I say yes, it would.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
The image of Jesus is said to have be taken from the image on the Shroud.

Although I will agree the skin color does not always appear period and geographically correct ....

But, I think the actual image is probably as correct as it can be.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I grew up in a Christian home, where a photo of Jesus hung on my bedroom wall. I still have it. It is schmaltzy and rather tacky in that 1970s kind of way, but as a little girl I loved it. In this picture, Jesus looks kind and gentle, he gazes down at me lovingly. He is also light-haired, blue-eyed, and very white.
The problem is, Jesus was not white....more in link.

View attachment 30088

The picture above is Republican Jesus. You cons love this one. He is a made up version of the Bible character “Jesus”. Not a person that ever existed.

View attachment 30089
What if this was “Jesus”? Would you still love him and follow him? Of course not.
View attachment 30090
what about this guy? Could this be what the character “Jesus” looked like?
Would it make any difference?
To cons, I say yes, it would.
C'mon. Not every religious conservative is a racist.

And some religious liberals are.

I get the point, but it seems normal to envision God as looking like you. If you believe in God.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Whatever Jews looked like 2000 years ago is probably what Jesus looked like.

Skin color doesn't matter. He died for sinners of all colors

Galatians 3

28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Revelation 7 A Great Multitude from Every Nation
9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
The image of Jesus is said to have be taken from the image on the Shroud.

Although I will agree the skin color does not always appear period and geographically correct ....

But, I think the actual image is probably as correct as it can be.
The shroud isn’t near old enough to have been around “Jesus” at all. It dates to the 1400s if I recall.