"Jews are given bad vaccines?"

May 2012
By the wall
First, Jews aren't dying in disproportionate numbers--people in this Hasidic community in New York are. And its totally regrettable and entirely understandable. Measles will disproportionately affect 1) people who are not vaccinated against measles and 2) people who live in high density housing situations. The community noted in the OP suffers from both problems.

Occam's razor says that the simplest explanation is usually the right one. Your conspiracy theory is wildly more complicated.
Fair enough, that's all I wanted to hear.

I myself am against vaccinations as a whole but individually, if you don't want to get sick, you better get that shot.

They aren't and, well, they are paying the price for it.

But overall, they will weather their sickness and be immune to any future strains of it whereas the rest of us will need constant vaccinations to stay ahead of it.

I don't know which is worse.

In my opinion, load me up with every single shot you got.

May 2012
By the wall
How could companies profit from creating a massive legal liability, giving tainted products to the Jewish community? If they had tainted product that they wanted to push as the real thing, wouldn't it be smarter to distribute the inferior doses far and wide, thereby making it more difficult for investigators?
They aren't doing it, sick individuals working for them are.

Instead of going to shoot up one of their Holy places they are sending bad vaccines to them.

You really don't think people have thought this up with all the Jew hate out there?

C'mon man, you are smarter than that.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
USA
Fair enough, that's all I wanted to hear.

I myself am against vaccinations as a whole but individually, if you don't want to get sick, you better get that shot.
ta
They aren't and, well, they are paying the price for it.

But overall, they will weather their sickness and be immune to any future strains of it whereas the rest of us will need constant vaccinations to stay ahead of it.

I don't know which is worse.

In my opinion, load me up with every single shot you got.
Wow. That's an entirely specious argument. If you get sick and then get well again, you have the same immunity as someone who got a vaccine--no more, no less. Any future strains will be just as deadly to you as to someone who got a vaccine. That's why people keep getting colds, no matter how many colds they've had. Of course, measles and the other diseases against which we vaccinate people are deadly, so getting sick over and over again with tetanus or diphtheria or whooping cough isn't really an option.

If you want to be convinced of the efficacy of vaccines, just look in a book of presidents. I remember when I was a kid, we had these history books that had biographies and other information about all the presidents. Among other things, it listed each president's children, their names, the ages at which they died, and the cause. Tons of little kids died of whooping cough and measles and scarlet fever back before vaccines and antibiotics. Something like one in five. So much for your idea of just surviving the first bout....

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
USA
They aren't doing it, sick individuals working for them are.

Instead of going to shoot up one of their Holy places they are sending bad vaccines to them.

You really don't think people have thought this up with all the Jew hate out there?

C'mon man, you are smarter than that.
Smart enough not to mistake a speculation for a fact.

May 2012
By the wall
Wow. That's an entirely specious argument. If you get sick and then get well again, you have the same immunity as someone who got a vaccine--no more, no less. Any future strains will be just as deadly to you as to someone who got a vaccine. That's why people keep getting colds, no matter how many colds they've had. Of course, measles and the other diseases against which we vaccinate people are deadly, so getting sick over and over again with tetanus or diphtheria or whooping cough isn't really an option.

If you want to be convinced of the efficacy of vaccines, just look in a book of presidents. I remember when I was a kid, we had these history books that had biographies and other information about all the presidents. Among other things, it listed each president's children, their names, the ages at which they died, and the cause. Tons of little kids died of whooping cough and measles and scarlet fever back before vaccines and antibiotics. Something like one in five. So much for your idea of just surviving the first bout....
Ahhh but the difference is that if you get sick and the strain mutates you are already protected against that.

If you have had the vaccination you are still susceptible until a new vaccination is created.

The measles doesn't kill, just makes you very uncomfortable.

Well it opens you up to pneumonia which could kill you but the actual disease doesn't.

Better to just fight through it.

My point here is that if we eliminated this vaccine, a lot of people would get sick but then they would all be immune to it and it would disappear instead of sticking around and requiring every generation to get the vaccination.

Basically we are incubating it and relying on a vaccine when we wouldn't need one at all today if we had never developed the vaccine to begin with.