Jim Acosta: The US Secret Service just asked for my credential to enter the WH.

Jul 2011
NYC
No, he went bitching about CNN, revoked his credentials, lied about him assaulting his intern... etc.
He put his hands on the intern, he was rude, and belligerent, and was acting as an activist not a journalist. I don't care who is president, the job of the reporters is not to berate the potus but to ask legitimate questions.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
So in that case we dodged a bullet not electing hillary.
You know I'm no fan of hers, but she would have been far more conventional than Trump is. I do believe we need to change from that, but I am not sure Trump is the right person for that job.... still, no doubting that he's changing things.

Jul 2011
NYC
You know I'm no fan of hers, but she would have been far more conventional than Trump is. I do believe we need to change from that, but I am not sure Trump is the right person for that job.... still, no doubting that he's changing things.

If a fox reporter behaved as acosta in a hillary administration, do you think people would defend him here? come on chief.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
He put his hands on the intern, he was rude, and belligerent, and was acting as an activist not a journalist. I don't care who is president, the job of the reporters is not to berate the potus but to ask legitimate questions.
He was asking legitimate questions. And he didn't do anything to the intern, who was the one grabbing. I agree that he was too pushy, but not that he was an activist... everything he asked was related to things that are happening and being reported on.

A better President would have handled Acosta easily.... which pretty much means any of the recent Presidents. I don't even think this became a story until Trump lied about what Acosta did to take his credentials. Even at that point, if Trump said he was taking his credentials because he was too pushy and taking time from answering the questions of other reporters, I would have sided with Trump.

But nope, he has to lie about a fake assault of his intern.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
If a fox reporter behaved as acosta in a hillary administration, do you think people would defend him here? come on chief.
I can only really speak for myself.

Whether its CNN or Fox, if they are asking questions about stories that are being reported, then that's pretty much their job. Reporters are notoriously pushy. I can understand why though, because with so many, if you are too timid, you will never get to ask a question. But the limit should be set by the president. Once Trump said "enough", that should have signaled to Acosta to give up the mic. He was wrong at that time.

But to lie about it is also wrong.... and now it's a new problem that Trump and his peeps made for themselves.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
No he isn't. He's a clown who tries to make himself the story.
Look, it's fine if the press wants to be hostile to the president. Trump certainly earned it. But they don't do that with every president. The last president spied on and prosecuted journalists while Acosta and the rest of the media continued kissing his ass.
And the video wasn't doctored. You just don't want to condemn a guy for manhandling a woman if you can't score partisan points of it.
Exaggerating much? I saw her reach for the microphone in his hand, and him evade her grasp, basically. That's it...