Jimmy Carter and Pope Francis

Dec 2010
Virginia
Why do so many, on the right, go to such great lengths to bash Christians who act like Christians?
With the "War on Christmas", the "War on Christians", and the "War on traditional values" being popular (political) memes, by the right, one would think that they'd actually applaud the fact that so many Americans like Pope Francis and Former President Carter. Why then the continual, bordering of vicious, attack on these two, exemplary, Christians by the right? What purpose is served?

Reactions: 9 people
Jan 2014
south
Why do so many, on the right, go to such great lengths to bash Christians who act like Christians?
With the "War on Christmas", the "War on Christians", and the "War on traditional values" being popular (political) memes, by the right, one would think that they'd actually applaud the fact that so many Americans like Pope Francis and Former President Carter. Why then the continual, bordering of vicious, attack on these two, exemplary, Christians by the right? What purpose is served?
because they think it will cost them money?

Reactions: 3 people
Jul 2014
Border Fence
There is a problem with Evanglical chrisitanity. It's losing marker share. It's only solution is to attack everyone else. Sound Familiar?

I am convinced that few errors are as destructive to fundamentalist Bible-believing churches as New Evangelicalism. When people leave our churches, where do they go? Do they join the Roman Catholic Church? Do they join a modernistic Protestant church, such as the United Methodist, the Presbyterian Church U.S.A., or the United Church of Canada? Do they join a cult such as the Mormons? That seldom occurs. Most that leave fundamentalist Bible-believing churches join the positive-thinking, easy-going New Evangelical church down the street or across town.

Few false philosophies more directly pull at members of fundamental Baptist churches than New Evangelicalism. Church members are confronted with it on every hand--through popular Christian radio and television preachers, at the local ecumenical bookstore, through members of other churches, through ecumenical evangelistic crusades, through political activity, through interdenominational organizations such as Promise Keepers.
New Evangelicalism

Dec 2010
Virginia
because they think it will cost them money?
There is a problem with Evanglical chrisitanity. It's losing marker share. It's only solution is to attack everyone else. Sound Familiar?

New Evangelicalism
While I suppose that either, or both, answers are possible explanations, I can't help but wonder whether politics and religion have become so intertwined (on the right) that they are indistinguishable (to some)? If this is so, then it would explain a lot about how the right "functions" within the political environment.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
Um, because they don't condemn "liberalism"? :think:

That's the litmus test.

Thx :)

Reactions: 2 people

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Oh yeah. Because it's only people on the right who bash Christianity. Let's stop and think about that premise for a moment.

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Um, because they don't condemn "liberalism"? :think:

That's the litmus test.

Thx :)
I left an Evangelical Church for the United Methodist. All the difference in the world. One is full of anger, hate of anyone who thinks the least bit different. Right Wing TV and TV Pastors feed that anger and hate.

I prefer a Church that does not condemn, welcomes all and follow the words of Jesus Christ.

I ask, why one is growing every day while the other is withering and dying on the vine?

Mind you, I am not talking Denominations here. It depends on the Leaders of each Church. All in Denominations are not the same.