Joe Biden says 'we're going to cure cancer' if he's elected President

Mar 2019
"US" of A
There you have. The great healer has spoken. Biden has made a promise, so if elected, he should keep it.

Speaking at a campaign stop in Ottumwa, Iowa, on Tuesday he discussed losing loved ones before making his promise.
"A lot of you understand what loss is and when loss occurs, you know that people come up to you and tell you 'I understand' if you lose a husband, a wife, a son, a daughter, a family member," he said. "That's why I've worked so hard in my career to make sure that — I promise you if I'm elected president, you're going to see the single most important thing that changes America, we're gonna cure cancer."

Joe Biden says 'we're gonna cure cancer' if he's elected president

Yes, your leaders lie to you, that's their job; to manage the perceptual reality of the masses. Here's how your system "works".

• Goldman Sachs advised against creating cures for diseases ...
    https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/goldman-sachs-advised-against-creating-cures-for...
    Apr 13, 2018 · Goldman Sachs advised against creating cures for diseases ... Pharmaceutical companies to not make money? lol ... better in addition to this practice rather than advocating staying away from cures ...

• Goldman Sachs Report Warns Pharma Companies That Curing ...
    www.renegadetribune.com/goldman-sachs-report-warns-pharma-companies-that-curing...
    Apr 29, 2018 · Goldman Sachs Report Warns Pharma Companies That Curing Disease Is Bad For Business. As an example of how cures can be bad for business, Richter pointed to the case of Gilead Sciences’ a company that developed a treatment for hepatitis C, which had a cure rate of more than 90 percent. As Richter pointed out, “GILD is a case in point,...

Pfizer to stop Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease research
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20180111/Pfizer-to-stop-Alzheimere28099s-and...
Jan 11, 2018 · Pfizer to stop Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease research. This comes as most unwelcoming news for millions of people worldwide who are suffering from these neurodegenerative disorders. Experts say that because of the rise in the elderly population, the diagnoses of these neurodegenerative and progressive disorders with little or no cure, is on the rise.
  • Author: Dr. Ananya Mandal, MD
Pfizer to stop Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease research

Mar 2019
"US" of A
What happened with replace Obamacsre with better and more affordable? Biden is simply promising we're going to put deligence and resources into fighting cancer. Perhaps if you have cancer or your child has cancer you'd be less interested in mocking those who want to fight this scourge.
Wasn't Don supposed to have this all done by now?

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
I hope that isn't an actual quote....

But if it is, one would think the obvious question would be "If a prez can cure cancer, why didn't Obama get it done while you were VP"?

Probably won't be asked.
If any president can cure cancer, surely Trump would have accomplished that by now. He's the greatest, after all, according to him.

A president can advocate for more $$$ for cancer research. I think Biden would be more likely to do that than most of the other contenders. But promising to cure cancer? Now, that's a stretch.

Jul 2015
Florida
Cure it? NO! Treat most forms of CANCER as a chronic disease. You bet! Assuming we don't come up with 14,000 other ways to fuck up our food supplies, water and pump other 'new and clever' environmental carcinogens to form NON-TREATABLE variations. You've heard of antibiotic resistant VIRUSES? Same concept.

(And the latter is coming first!)

Jan 2012
SoCal
This guy is a gaffe machine. He is no different than Hillary. Instead of going out there and stumping for the job he is already trying to just rake in money and make limited appearances and have limited interactions.

Everyone can already tell he isn’t up to snuff for the job. This isn’t made up stuff you can contrast Bill Clinton’s runs to Hillary’s as well. It was clear Bill LOVED to campaign and at that time he and Gore represented a generational change. They had looks, centrist policy, health and vigor on their side and they were willing to go everywhere and speak to everyone to promote those advantages.

The out of touch and older Bush looked terrible in comparison and he kept coming off as out of touch and acted like he didn’t need to do much to get the job.

When Dole ran four years later I actually went to an appearance by him. He had gotten a nice tan and he was actually much taller and stronger than he came across on television. However he represented the prior generation, and with his war wounds and mushy policy the optics and outcomes were bad.

Biden is older than Trump. His language and demeanor are even more out of touch than Trump. He weaknesses are the same as Trump but worse....

He doesn’t appear to have the energy or will to get the job. Hillary didn’t either.

I will say this as someone who didn’t vote for Trump... the level of fight and energy the guy puts off is just insane and pretty relentless. I’ve honestly been more impressed but that than anything else even in areas I don’t agree with it.

Think about the level of energy and thickness of skin and just determination it takes to not settle up and instead go and stay at war with almost the entire political and media establishment.