Joe Biden Speaks at the 16th Street Baptist Church to Commemorate 1963 Bombing

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Joe Biden At 16th Street Baptist Church: "We Are In A Battle For The Soul Of America"

listening it for the first time myself. It was a little hard to find the entire speech. Of course, that's mostly because I suck at doing research on the internet. During my search I found quite a few articles criticizing Biden on his answer about slavery during the last debate. Including making fun of him because of his record player remark. There was even one calling Biden a racist in so many words.

Listen to the speech and let's discuss.

Last edited:

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
99 percent of the people who have questioned Joe Biden's character with respect to issues of race in particular are Trump supporters concern trolling.

Full stop. Don't give them any oxygen.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
99 percent of the people who have questioned Joe Biden's character with respect to issues of race in particular are Trump supporters concern trolling.

it was joan walsh , angela rye , and the rolling stone.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Joe Biden At 16th Street Baptist Church: "We Are In A Battle For The Soul Of America"

listening it for the first time myself. It was a little hard to find the entire speech. Of course, that's mostly because I suck at doing research on the internet. During my search I found quite a few articles criticizing Biden on his answer about slavery during the last debate. Including making fun of him because of his record player remark. There was even one calling Biden a racist in so many words.

Listen to the speech and let's discuss.
Did he draw over 50 People?

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
it was joan walsh , angela rye , and the rolling stone.
Rolling Stone is a trash publication.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media/images/68776000/jpg/_68776961_rollingstone.jpg

They have the legacy of prestige, nothing more.

Otherwise, I will say again, you can bring up the issue of race RE: Joe Biden and wish he would be more articulate, but those who actively question his character on this issue are 99 percent Trump supporters concern trolling. And assigning a lot of credence to what the 1 percent says just furthers the Trump campaign's interests.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS

Guy voted against bussing integration, praised former segregationists and makes constant racist gaffes.

What the left forgives for itself, why doesnt that apply to everyone?

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Does quantity always equal quality? I would take an audience of 50 non racists over 10000 racists anytime.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Rolling Stone is a trash publication.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media/images/68776000/jpg/_68776961_rollingstone.jpg

They have the legacy of prestige, nothing more.

Otherwise, I will say again, you can bring up the issue of race RE: Joe Biden and wish he would be more articulate, but those who actively question his character on this issue are 99 percent Trump supporters concern trolling. And assigning a lot of credence to what the 1 percent says just furthers the Trump campaign's interests.
I didn't see any trump supporters criticizing Biden in my research. What I talk about in the OP are responses mainly from Democrats on his response to a question about slavery. Biden doesn't mention Trump by name in his speech. Although, everyone knows who he's really talking about. Neither did I mention either Trump or his supporters in posting this thread. In fact, the thread actually would have been about how Dems are pissing me off with the same "purity" bs they subjected HRC too. I decided against that. And went with posting Biden's entire speech and letting people judge for themselves. Mostly, because I'm pretty sure if I had posted that OP my comments would likely have gotten me a temp ban. Deservedly so. ;)