Joe Manchin says he might consider endorsing Trump for 2020

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
So this guy votes to convict him but now wants to endorse him???

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) is not ruling out endorsing President Trump’s reelection campaign, even after voting to convict him in the Senate’s impeachment trial.

“I don’t rule anything out. I really don’t rule anything out,” Manchin said in an interview with Politico. “I’m always going to be for what’s best for my country. Everybody can change. Maybe the president will change, you know? Maybe that uniter will come out, versus the divider.”

Manchin has faced a barrage of criticism from the White House over his vote to convict Trump on two articles of impeachment after earlier speculation the red state Democrat might go against his party and vote for acquittal.

May 2019
West Haven
Not at all comparable.
And he said the president could change. I think it’s pretty damned clear that Trump CAN NOT change. And Manchin knows that.
He was being facetious.
He may not endorse the Democratic candidate when the time comes but he sure as hell will not endorse Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: the bull59

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) is not ruling out endorsing President Trump’s reelection campaign, even after voting to convict him in the Senate’s impeachment trial.

“I don’t rule anything out. I really don’t rule anything out,” Manchin said in an interview with Politico. “I’m always going to be for what’s best for my country. Everybody can change. Maybe the president will change, you know? Maybe that uniter will come out, versus the divider.”

Manchin has faced a barrage of criticism from the White House over his vote to convict Trump on two articles of impeachment after earlier speculation the red state Democrat might go against his party and vote for acquittal.

He thinks his constituents are morons....

its wv, hes gonna try to save his seat after voting to impeach trump

Reactions: Chief
Nov 2014
North Carolina

So first he votes to throw him out of office... now he's considering endorsing him? Well, that makes sense....

I guess he's getting more backlash than he expected back home so now he's trying to make up for it. haha

What a hack. If you're going to be a sniveling politician just admit it. Don't try and cherry coat it with some dumb ass speech about forgiveness.

• Wow
Reactions: the bull59
Jul 2014
midwest
Well, it's like this...

He looks at the remaining Dem candidates and thinks that Trump may be better than the Dem nominee.

Like a lot of other people do.

Not odd at all.

In fact, that's pretty normal...

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Well, it's like this...

He looks at the remaining Dem candidates and thinks that Trump may be better than the Dem nominee.

Like a lot of other people do.

Not odd at all.

In fact, that's pretty normal...
But that's not what he said. He said he was considering endorsing him because he thought he could change and be a better person or some other condescending sermon as if he's the moral judge of Trump.

If he had just come out and said he was endorsing him because he thought the democrat candidates were worse that at least would have been an explanation I could take seriously.