John Kerry considering 2020 run

Sep 2006
Englewood, Fl
Frankly, I don't give a damn what John Kerry may or may not have said or may or may not have meant. Any statement by him could never warrant an attack on another Nam vet by me. While I may vigorously disagree on any given topic, I will always give another Nam brother their due respect.
I agree. War in and of itself is a crime. Especially the ones that have nothing to do with defense, which describes every war since WW2. . What outfit were you with and when? If I'm not being too nosy. The guys who fought in later wars than ours and like to trash us reminds me of all the WW2 guys who used to say things like "we were in a Real War!" Well, as you undoubtedly know, the bleeding is just as red and the dead are just as dead. Those who like to talk the talk are seldom those who had to walk the walk. I salute you for your service.

Jul 2011
NYC
I agree. War in and of itself is a crime. Especially the ones that have nothing to do with defense, which describes every war since WW2. . What outfit were you with and when? If I'm not being too nosy. The guys who fought in later wars than ours and like to trash us reminds me of all the WW2 guys who used to say things like "we were in a Real War!" Well, as you undoubtedly know, the bleeding is just as red and the dead are just as dead. Those who like to talk the talk are seldom those who had to walk the walk. I salute you for your service.

No ones trashing Vietnam vets, hero. Kersaysyou all committed war crimes, individually, is he a liar or not?

You confuse retorting to your disgusting threats and attacks with “trashing Vietnam vets”, that’s a lie on you part.

Why won’t you people answer the question. Is kerry lying or not?

Jul 2011
NYC
Frankly, I don't give a damn what John Kerry may or may not have said or may or may not have meant. Any statement by him could never warrant an attack on another Nam vet by me. While I may vigorously disagree on any given topic, I will always give another Nam brother their due respect.

You miss the point completely, I left you out of the list because your not here attacking me, my service, nor are you defending Kerry’s statements.

The point is and was, John Kerry claimed that 1000s of Vietnam veterans committed war crimes. I asked these guys if it was true or if he’s lying.

It’s a fair question.

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
I agree. What outfit were you with and when?
I was in what was considered the "residual forces" in '71/'72 as a 2nd Lt with the 196th in DaNang, We were charged with port security. In compliance with my enlistment agreement, I was transferred to the AG at Fort Jackson. (They forgot to tell me that the infantry must first release me). Discharged from active duty in '75 (I did not want the "railroad tracks), had to maintain inactive reserve status for years.

Last edited:
Sep 2006
Englewood, Fl
I was in what was considered the "residual forces" in '71/'72 as a 2nd Lt with the 196th in DaNang, We were charged with port security. In compliance with my enlistment agreement, I was transferred to the AG at Fort Jackson. (They forgot to tell me that the infantry must first release me). Discharged from active duty in '75 (I did not want the "railroad tracks), had to maintain inactive reserve status for years.
We were in the same area. I was with 2/7 1st Mar Div. We took over LZ Baldy and FB Ross from your group, 196th Lt. Infantry. They also took heavy casualties in 68-69. Again, thanks for serving.

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
We were in the same area. I was with 2/7 1st Mar Div. We took over LZ Baldy and FB Ross from your group, 196th Lt. Infantry. They also took heavy casualties in 68-69. Again, thanks for serving.
I thank you for your service as well my brother.. I will forever feel fortunate that in '68/'69 I was at UVA with a student deferment. One might say that in '70, I started my post graduate work at the "Fort Benning School for Boys".

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
You miss the point completely, I left you out of the list because your not here attacking me, my service, nor are you defending Kerry’s statements.

The point is and was, John Kerry claimed that 1000s of Vietnam veterans committed war crimes. I asked these guys if it was true or if he’s lying.

It’s a fair question.
Make up your damn mind. Did Kerry say ALL OR did he say "thousands?"
Get your story straight.

Last edited:
Jul 2015
Maryland USA
The guys who fought in later wars than ours and like to trash us.......
What I am currently ever so glad to see is that regardless of how, as individuals, Americans may perceive any given military operation or action, they appreciate our men and women in the military for their sacrifices and service. That's the way it should have always been and should always be.

edit: As an aside, I must say that I have never been "trashed" by another vet from any previous period. Moreover, on my first occasion to visit home after leaving the "Southeast Asian War Games", I had the opportunity to attend a function at a Legion hall. I never felt more appreciated; it was like being welcomed into the fraternity.

Last edited:
Sep 2006
Englewood, Fl
What I am currently ever so glad to see is that regardless of how, as individuals, Americans may perceive any given military operation or action, they appreciate our men and women in the military for their sacrifices and service. That's the way it should have always been and should always be.

edit: As an aside, I must say that I have never been "trashed" by another vet from any previous period. Moreover, on my first occasion to visit home after leaving the "Southeast Asian War Games", I had the opportunity to attend a function at a Legion hall. I never felt more appreciated; it was like being welcomed into the fraternity.
I was referring to the Archie Bunkers who talked about "the big War." Many felt that if there was no front lines so to speak then there was no real war. The "Police Action" crowd were at every meeting I went to in those days. I'm quite surprised that you haven't run into a few of those at Vets orgs. Glad you haven't.