Judge asks whether Flynn should be penalized after prosecutors drop him as witness against ex-p

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
If he didn't lie, then no crime occurred. The FBI does not view what Flynn confessed to lying about as actual lies.

If memory serves, Flynn's lie was to the effect of "you have the tapes, listen to the tapes to get your answer"
No....no....that isn't what happened at all.

There are different ways you can lie - Flynn lied by omission.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Exactly, the most hostile judge around. If he is vindicated it will be as reluctantly as possible.
Except that BEFORE this judge tore Flynn a new one, cons were falling all over themselves because this judge threw out a guilty verdict against the former Alaskan Senator who was found guilty of various offenses calling it the worst case of prosecutorial misconduct that he had ever seen. He was a hero to the right on that occasion, so your baseless charge has no merit.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
No....no....that isn't what happened at all.

There are different ways you can lie - Flynn lied by omission.
Regardless, FBI brass does not view his statement as even a lie by omission.

It would be like what happened if you plead guilty breaking the Hoover dam. They go look at the dam, it's still standing there, but you gave and the guilty plea was accepted, presumably as part of a deal. The crime was not committed that was plead to, so, what can they do if the person later decides to fight it?

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Except that BEFORE this judge tore Flynn a new one, cons were falling all over themselves because this judge threw out a guilty verdict against the former Alaskan Senator who was found guilty of various offenses calling it the worst case of prosecutorial misconduct that he had ever seen. He was a hero to the right on that occasion, so your baseless charge has no merit.
Ok... I was basing the hostility on the first sentence only.

I'll take your word on the rest. Which you seem to imply that the judge is fair above partisan, that's good enough, IMO.

I'm just saying that Flynn does not appear to be preparing to give up, but to contest the plea deal and change to a not guilty plea. Which means he will have a trial... and if nothing else, Flynn knows alot of behind the scenes information that is relevant.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Ok... I was basing the hostility on the first sentence only.

I'll take your word on the rest. Which you seem to imply that the judge is fair above partisan, that's good enough, IMO.

I'm just saying that Flynn does not appear to be preparing to give up, but to contest the plea deal and change to a not guilty plea. Which means he will have a trial... and if nothing else, Flynn knows alot of behind the scenes information that is relevant.
Flynn should NEVER have been attempting to negotiate lifting sanctions with Russia. Those sanctions were in place to punish Russia. IMHO, this should be a criminal offense even without a specific law to cover it. What's worse is Russia helping Trump win the election in order to further its own interest - don't tell me that no one knows if they affected voters opinions - they attempted to interfere, case closed.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Flynn should NEVER have been attempting to negotiate lifting sanctions with Russia. Those sanctions were in place to punish Russia. IMHO, this should be a criminal offense even without a specific law to cover it. What's worse is Russia helping Trump win the election in order to further its own interest - don't tell me that no one knows if they affected voters opinions - they attempted to interfere, case closed.
Except that was nothing shown in court.

The Russian influence story was paid for by the dnc. It was also never independently proven and actually has more evidence proving that not to be the case.