Judge says teen who filmed himself raping a girl deserves leniency

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
This kind of shit is why I, sometimes, feel the methods of justice here in the civilized world, especially in such cases, are inferior to the way things like this s are handled in the Caucasus Mountains, where I was born.

You don't report shit to police there. You complain to your clan elders. And your clan then seems violent revenge on your (or your daughter's) behalf :)

Of course that can (and often) does also turn into so-called "blood feuds", which may go on for generations over there, with revenge killings back and fourth between rival clans...

So, yeah, that system has own downsides as well.

But, at least it's quick and simple, over there lol
If guilt were absolutely clear, no possible justification or mitigation, the due process issues would largely disappear.

But this is not so.

I can see the appeal of vigilantism, but in too many cases, they punish the wrong person.

And, not for nothing, but this is a 16 year old. He might well be beyond help, but it is remotely possible he is not. If he can be rendered into a decent human being, we have a duty to try.

It's possible this defendant was raised by evil parents who taught him his wealth means he can commit crimes without consequences, as long as the victims are not also rich.

Remember the "Affluenza killer"?

A history of Texas 'affluenza teen' Ethan Couch and his family's troubles with the law | Crime | Dallas News

Appallingly shitty parents. He's been off home monitoring awhile now, and has evidently kept out of trouble.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I'd rather go back to legalised duelling lol

If someone ever laid hands of my wife or children, the only choice I'd want him to have, is "swords or pistols?" :D

I'd pick the swords/sabres too, more fun ;)
Revenge is a fun fantasy!

Reactions: The Man
Jan 2016
Colorado

If someone ever laid hands of my wife or children, the only choice I'd want him to have, is "swords or pistols?" :D

As for me, I'd rather be the lord and aristocrat who had the right and privilege of 'the first night', and got to fuck any pretty peasant girl who was about to get married.

I'm a lover, not a fighter.

:p:cool:

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
As for me, I'd rather be the lord and aristocrat who had the right and privilege of 'the first night', and got to fuck any pretty peasant girl who was about to get married.

I'm a lover, not a fighter.

:p:cool:
In Russia, that's still basically a reality lmao

I know a guy, a former classmate of mine, now military vet who works in private security these days. He is now a bodyguard for a rich guy, banker, with close connections to the FSB (namely - dude's father is an FSB general :D).

Aside from driving him around everywhere, one of the bodyguards' duties, apparently, is also to drive around Moscow and pick up girls all over the city and bring them over to his mansion in the elite Rublyovka suburb. The guy's personal assistant rides with them, they go to various places where these young chicks from the provinces, university students and such, hang out, the bars and clubs and whatnot. And the dude, the assistant, literally offers stacks of cash in rubber bands to young ladies who would get in their car to go entertain their boss for the night. You'd be shocked how many jump into the limo, two, sometimes three at a time, apparently. Poverty and desperation can do amazing things...

Reactions: BigLeRoy
Jan 2016
Colorado
In Russia, that's still basically a reality lmao

I know a guy, a former classmate of mine, now military vet who works in private security these days. He is now a bodyguard for a rich guy, banker, with close connections to the FSB (namely - dude's father is an FSB general :D).

Aside from driving him around everywhere, one of the bodyguards' duties, apparently, is also to drive around Moscow and pick up girls all over the city and bring them over to his mansion in the elite Rublyovka suburb. The guy's personal assistant rides with them, they go to various places where these young chicks from the provinces, university students and such, hang out, the bars and clubs and whatnot. And the dude, the assistant, literally offers stacks of cash in rubber bands to young ladies who would get in their car to go entertain their boss for the night. You'd be shocked how many jump into the limo, two, sometimes three at a time, apparently. Poverty and desperation can do amazing things...
The difference back in the Age of Feudalism was that the Lord didn't have to offer stacks of cash, or ANYTHING. It was simply his RIGHT. Or at least, so they say. If you look at that Wikipedia link I gave on this, it is pretty controversial as to whether this ever really existed......

CtC

Mar 2019
California
I don't care if he is Rich ,poor ,or otherwise. The punk should go up the river.

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu

If you chose the sword, I'd definitely choose the pistol, more easy.