Judge To Duncan Hunter (R-Sleaze): No You Lying POS, Your Family Vacation To Italy Was Not A Congressional Business Trip

Jul 2014
midwest
When is the last time Democrats elected someone who was currently under indictment?

Election day 2018:
Duncan Hunter (R CA-50) re-elected while under indictment for campaign fraud.
Chris Collins (R NY-27) re-elected while under indictment for insider trading
Ken Paxton (R), Texas Attorney General, re-elected while awaiting trial on 3 felony charges of securities fraud.

Bonus: Nevada Republicans elected a whorehouse owner to the state assembly 3 weeks after he dropped dead from a heart attack.
Dunno when.

There about an 93% chance that it's happened lately though.

DAMN!

You stole my thunder about the dead whorehouse owner getting elected.

That was one of my favorite election stories of all time...

May 2019
Backatown, USA
Dunno when.

There about an 93% chance that it's happened lately though.

DAMN!

You stole my thunder about the dead whorehouse owner getting elected.

That was one of my favorite election stories of all time...
Get back to us when you find an equivalent, will you?

Yeah, it was insane enough that a cathouse proprietor won the election, but after he was already dead?
Dennis Hof had said that he was running for office because if Donald Trump could win, so could he. I don't know if he was referring to their similar roles as a reality TV stars, or as sleazeballs.

Fun note from the Hunter indictment - he and his wife overdrew their personal checking account 1100 time in 7 years - an average of 3 bad checks every week. No wonder they were stealing campaign funds.

Jul 2014
midwest
Get back to us when you find an equivalent, will you?

Yeah, it was insane enough that a cathouse proprietor won the election, but after he was already dead?
Dennis Hof had said that he was running for office because if Donald Trump could win, so could he. I don't know if he was referring to their similar roles as a reality TV stars, or as sleazeballs.

Fun note from the Hunter indictment - he and his wife overdrew their personal checking account 1100 time in 7 years - an average of 3 bad checks every week. No wonder they were stealing campaign funds.
That was the best part!

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
No respect for taxpayers or for the ethics rules that apply to Congresd.
Anyone who takes advantage of the public trust in this manner needs to go away for as long as possible.
If the guy violated campaign finance rules he should be appropriately held accountable. Seems to be a "not uncommon" offense these days. The penalties can be severe. (reference: Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife.)

As for "respect for taxpayers", not seeing where he charged any of the trip to the government. May have missed something, but i think this was strictly a mis-use of his campaign war chest funds.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
If the guy violated campaign finance rules he should be appropriately held accountable. Seems to be a "not uncommon" offense these days. The penalties can be severe. (reference: Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife.)

As for "respect for taxpayers", not seeing where he charged any of the trip to the government. May have missed something, but i think this was strictly a mis-use of his campaign war chest funds.

I sit corrected!

May 2019
Backatown, USA

True - the current indictments only involve grabbing $250,000. in campaign funds for personal expenses, and then conspiring with his wife/campaign business manager to make the money look like it was used for campaigning.
But given his predilection for blatant thievery, I would think that someone would want to take a close look at his Congressional travel expenses.

The amazing thing is that people are still donating to Hunter. He took in over $100K in the the first quarter of this year.