Judges tell Trump admin to clean up its act: Migrant children need soap

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
During the raids a few days ago, ICE took a four week old breast-feeding baby away from it's mother. Why would anyone DO that?

May 2007
Houston, Texas
The government's argument was they should not be expected to supply soap and toothpaste during short stints in their facilities. So you should make that clear in your OP instead of giving the impression they were generally just attempting to deny them soap and toothpaste.

I"m not sure exactly how long a shot stint is considered. Assuming It was a couple of days then letting a child go a day or two without soap or toothpaste isn't going to threaten their health. I've certainly had to go a few days without soap and water before in my life time (as have most Americans I would wager). And I doubt these kids were getting daily showers with soap and toothpaste during their trek through Mexico anyway.
You have a disgusting attitude toward children. SMH!

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
They have to compete with the illegals for those jobs. So yea, they pay bigly.
Did you hear about the influx of American workers from all over the country to get those chicken processing jobs that just opened up? No? Have a lot of friends looking to become migrant fruit pickers do you? At 3% unemployment everyone able and willing to work, is fucking working. The problem is the jobs don't pay shit anymore. And that is because of 40 years of trickle down economics, not immigrants, as much as the Republicans try to brain wash their minions that that is so. McConnel is sitting on a 15.00 minimum wage bill right this fucking minute. How horrible would that be for the poor and working class? Instead, the GOP gives us tariffs on the goods the poor and working class buy the most, a tax increase. And the right laps it up like manna from heaven. I have posted the charts and graphs on here a dozen times showing how bad workers have been fucked over the last 40 years, and righties just shrug, like they enjoy getting fucked by the billionaire class or something.

Jan 2007
Did you hear about the influx of American workers from all over the country to get those chicken processing jobs that just opened up? No? Have a lot of friends looking to become migrant fruit pickers do you? At 3% unemployment everyone able and willing to work, is fucking working. The problem is the jobs don't pay shit anymore. And that is because of 40 years of trickle down economics, not immigrants, as much as the Republicans try to brain wash their minions that that is so. McConnel is sitting on a 15.00 minimum wage bill right this fucking minute. How horrible would that be for the poor and working class? Instead, the GOP gives us tariffs on the goods the poor and working class buy the most, a tax increase. And the right laps it up like manna from heaven. I have posted the charts and graphs on here a dozen times showing how bad workers have been fucked over the last 40 years, and righties just shrug, like they enjoy getting fucked by the billionaire class or something.

Why would they pay good money for labor when there is an endless supply of labor at the lower skill level. A 15 dollar minimum wage guarantees better wages for illegals.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Why would they pay good money for labor when there is an endless supply of labor at the lower skill level. A 15 dollar minimum wage guarantees better wages for illegals.
We had immigrants for the last 200 years, but only these immigrants are fucking up the country? There were plenty of immigrants in the 40's, 50's and 60's when jobs paid a living wage and a man could support a house and family with one job. Quit blaming the other fucking victims on the boat and go blame the officers of the ship that are running it onto the rocks. Look no further than the 80's when millions of wives had to find work because of Reaganomics. Look at "right to work for less" laws in many states letting corporations like VW pay their American workers 50% of what they pay their German workers. If you cant see it, I cant help you, keep blaming the poor mother fucker digging a ditch or cutting up chickens for your own shitty job that pays half of what the same job paid 40 years ago in constant dollars.