Jussie Smollett lawyers: Even if actor faked attack, cops didn’t need to investigate it so vigorously

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Jussie Smollett lawyers: Even if actor faked attack, cops didn’t need to investigate it so vigorously

"My client from the beginning has maintained his innocence and disputed the city’s allegations,” said William J. Quinlan, of The Quinlan Law Firm, who filed the motion. He noted that “it’s going to be very difficult for the city to prevail in making a case my client should pay for overtime for a case ultimately dismissed by the state’s attorney.

“It’s ridiculous and a stretch to require him to do so.”

But the latest court filing contends even if Smollett did make a false report, there is no way the city can assert he would have known the city would investigate — and investigate it to the extent cops did.

“We contend the city is wrong,” Quinlan said of the city’s assertion that Smollett should have known the city would spend nearly 2,000 hours investigating. “ ... The mere fact somebody filed a police report doesn’t presume the investigation will be done and certainly not to the extent of what the city is claiming.

“Smollet has no control over that,” Quinlan added."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

so the guy fakes a homophobic hate attack, blames people in maga hats, and now his lawyers are arguing they should not have investigated it that hard?

this gets more idiotic by the day.

Reactions: Buzz62
Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
They need to throw the book at Jussie for this. It would serve as a deterrent. He and the Leftists that promote fake hate crimes do considerable damage to our society.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
It’s his lawyer....what do you expect?

I'd expect Jussie to have a moment of integrity and stop wasting peoples time, what he did was abhorrent, what the prosecutor failed to do was abhorrent. he should just pay the city and stop damaging the civil rights movement with his selfishness.

you don't agree? you think he should diminish the seriousness of faking hate crimes to the point allowing his lawyer to say they shouldn't investigate hate crimes so "vigorously"?

Reactions: ripskater
Jul 2014
midwest
Ole Jussie was already a minor celeb for the TV show.

Now he's REALLY famous.

He'll always be the face of FAKE RACIAL HATE CRIME.

And he brung it all on himself...

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
They need to throw the book at Jussie for this. It would serve as a deterrent. He and the Leftists that promote fake hate crimes do considerable damage to our society.
This shouldn’t be a “leftist” issue.

ANYONE who makes a fallacious allegation against another person should be made an example of. It’s a blatant abuse of the legal system.

Jul 2014
midwest
There is no such thing as bad publicity.
Usually I think that is true, as long as the names are spelled correctly.

In this case, to get tons of national publicity for faking a racial hate crime, is one of those exceptions.

I really don't think Jussie is dumb enough to want to be the face of FAKE RACIAL HATE CRIME.

Then again, I would have expected him to be dumb enough to fake a racial hate crime in the first place.

But, he WAS that dumb, obviously...

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
This shouldn’t be a “leftist” issue.

ANYONE who makes a fallacious allegation against another person should be made an example of. It’s a blatant abuse of the legal system.
It shouldn't be, but there's tons of fake hate crimes the last few years. And Jussie should be in prison right now for the stunts he's pulled.